Just a friendly note

This is not related to you giggles but just speaking generally. I think (though I am not sure) part of the mod's problem with this subforum may be people stating that they have something and need to sell it or that they would really like to get something or something to that effect which becomes can be interpreted as a WTS/WTB post and that leads to people soliciting sales on the board.

chigirl said:
This is not related to you giggles but just speaking generally. I think (though I am not sure) part of the mod's problem with this subforum may be people stating that they have something and need to sell it or that they would really like to get something or something to that effect which becomes can be interpreted as a WTS/WTB post and that leads to people soliciting sales on the board.

Yes I agree. I know it is not directed at me of course because there are a lot of people on here that have said the same thing as me. But isn't this forum partly here for everyone to talk about what they are looking for and what their dream bags are? I agree things can be taken wrong when you read a post. I guess I am just trying to make sure I follow the rules because I :heart: being on the board. Anyway I have said my peace. I will be more careful with what I say on here. :yes:

giggles178 said:
Yes I agree. I know it is not directed at me of course because there are a lot of people on here that have said the same thing as me. But isn't this forum partly here for everyone to talk about what they are looking for and what their dream bags are? I agree things can be taken wrong when you read a post. I guess I am just trying to make sure I follow the rules because I :heart: being on the board. Anyway I have said my peace. I will be more careful with what I say on here. :yes:

Giggles -- I didn't even mean that you were one of those people. I just meant that I think it is posts like that which lead to the sales. I know I have posted that I liked something or wish I won an auction and then have gotten PMs from people having items to sell. I am also guilty because on more than one occasion I have known of someone who was looking for something and when I saw a quasi--WTS post, I told them. I am not supposed to do that. I just think it is the initial posts and people posting "wanted: XXX" or the converse that leads to all this stuff. I am guessing that that may anger the mods because it is somewhat transparent.

chigirl said:
Giggles -- I didn't even mean that you were one of those people. I just meant that I think it is posts like that which lead to the sales. I know I have posted that I liked something or wish I won an auction and then have gotten PMs from people having items to sell. I am also guilty because on more than one occasion I have known of someone who was looking for something and when I saw a quasi--WTS post, I told them. I am not supposed to do that. I just think it is the initial posts and people posting "wanted: XXX" or the converse that leads to all this stuff. I am guessing that that may anger the mods because it is somewhat transparent.

I agree with you. I think if we all like to be on here we have to try and follow the rules as best as possible. Like I said I will be more careful how I post things in the future :yes:

i think we're having a slight reading comprehension problem here, and i don't mean that in an ugly way, i just think we're not reading carefully. i don't see incongruencies between what swanky said and what i said. no dealing on tPF. period. publically, through pm, whatever. zero. that's what i said, that's what swanky said, that's what all the mods agreed on.

***feel more than free to talk about bags you purchased through other means, we just don't want any part of the transaction done through tPF***

and for the record, if someone starts a thread that's all about "aww, i'm so sad, i have to part with this bag, i hope i can get at least retail for it" i'm gonna shut you down. and i'm not going to feel the need to be polite about it, in most cases. the other mods probably will, because those ladies are far more classy than i am. there's no selling, and also no thinly-veiled attempts at selling, that's just insulting to my intelligence. i don't know what the other mods feel about this, but that is the policy i'm sticking with until vlad or megs tells me not to.

just an fyi.

amanda said:
i think we're having a slight reading comprehension problem here, and i don't mean that in an ugly way, i just think we're not reading carefully. i don't see incongruencies between what swanky said and what i said. no dealing on tPF. period. publically, through pm, whatever. zero. that's what i said, that's what swanky said, that's what all the mods agreed on.

***feel more than free to talk about bags you purchased through other means, we just don't want any part of the transaction done through tPF***

and for the record, if someone starts a thread that's all about "aww, i'm so sad, i have to part with this bag, i hope i can get at least retail for it" i'm gonna shut you down. and i'm not going to feel the need to be polite about it, in most cases. the other mods probably will, because those ladies are far more classy than i am. there's no selling, and also no thinly-veiled attempts at selling, that's just insulting to my intelligence. i don't know what the other mods feel about this, but that is the policy i'm sticking with until vlad or megs tells me not to.

just an fyi.

this is JUST a message board, there is no need to get ugly about it seriously.

I am sorry but I have to say this is getting ridiculous...now we are being told how and what to write and say in our threads.....

"there is no freedom of speech.....freedom to write what we want......"......

Part of being on a forum is to express our feelings - to share our news and excitement about buying bags and our disappointment that we have to sell a bag to replace it with another.....

It all about the chase and the hunt.....and being able to share that with fellow PF members.....

I truly appreciate all that megs and Vlad did and do for this forum but at the end of the day....this is AMERICA.... we should be able to have freedom of speech....

of course we will NOT blatantly sell on this forum....and break the rules....but friendships and relationships are bound to develop on this Forum due to the passion of handbags....similiar interests ......and DESIRES.....

I dont think there is anything wrong with stating that you are looking for a certain bag....or would like to replace one.....thats what this forum is about......after all....Is it NOT?

and if I get slammed for having an opinion and voicing that opinion then so be it!!!!

pgurl said:

i completely agree. the forum should be a friendly and free place where us girls can talk about our love of handbags. now it's getting to a point where it's just no fun and unpleasant.

sweetsparkle said:
aww....thanks. but omg! pgurl...why are you banned??? :sad:

She's been banned on 5 other nicks as well, bella03, l1nk1np4rk, gucci8586 and another 2 I don't recall. Originally registered as gucci8586 and screwed over another PF member. We don't keep gals like that around.

pgurl said:

i wouldn't have had to get ugly if we could have all listened the first 500 times we said it nicely.

swanky started this out as a friendly reminder, and people jumped on her and called basically all the mods manipulators. that was completely uncalled for, particularly based on some of the thinly-veiled selling that i've seen in this section and that we've tried to turn a blind eye to up until this point.