Junior Drake - Any Owners? Thoughts?

Cant argue with that one! The two you posted sure look the same to me. We should do a thread on copying. See how many copies we can spot! I agree the balanciago/tano is a clear copy. But I can see that junior drake definitely took the jet setter bag by Tano and detailed it diferently. The body of the bag and the meaurements are the same. The orange color and the leather is even similar. Every bag Ive seen by Junior Drake is a copy of something, it seems. That is simply not the case with Tano. I'm not saying that Tano doesnt copy ideas from other company's bags- everybody in this business does. I just couldnt resist the temptation to post the similar bags!

Lovely bag!

I actually see the Jet Setter and the Jr Drake bag to be quite different actually - even if the dimensions are the same - can't say the same about the gerard and that Balengica bag.... Too bad the Jet Setter is discontinued, cuz the leather looks really nice on that one!

btw how's the Jr Drake bag? Is it lightweight? Or is it heavy? From the pictures it looks very well made... I am in the market for a really light everyday leather bag - but also well made...

MB spring 07

inasnapBRUSCIATONEW_l.jpg
Tano Falll 06 In a snap bag

That's not the bag I got anyhow - acegirl bought that bag & posted the pic in this thread. The bag I got is from Nordstroms
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2901655/...bo=6007632&P=2

Honestly, I've never heard of Tano bags or ever seen one, so I wouldn't even know if someone was copying their styles or what their styles look like.

But let's be real, don't most designers copy each other?? Have you seen Gwen Steffani's new LAMB line? I know that there are lots of fans, but to me, her bags are LV styles w/the Lamb logo and signature prints.

Marc Jacobs was the designer who introduced us to padlocks & pockets, and now almost every designer has a padlock design.

Balenciaga started the tassel fad & whip-stitch handles, and now how many designers use tassels & whip-stitch on their bags (Isabella Fiore does a lot of whip-stitch now)

And how many designers are now making bags that are similar in style in the original Bulga butterfuly tote? I've seen more deep, drawstrings bag this season then ever before (Gustto, Michael Kors).

Honestly, I think there are only so many different styles to work with. Some designers choose one trend, while others use multiple ones. The difference is in the quality of the bag and the leather/materials used. We all have our fav styles. We find what works and usually stick with it.

Lovely bag!

I actually see the Jet Setter and the Jr Drake bag to be quite different actually - even if the dimensions are the same - can't say the same about the gerard and that Balengica bag.... Too bad the Jet Setter is discontinued, cuz the leather looks really nice on that one!

btw how's the Jr Drake bag? Is it lightweight? Or is it heavy? From the pictures it looks very well made... I am in the market for a really light everyday leather bag - but also well made...

I see them as pretty different also~

It is well made~ I'd say it's mid-range in weight. Not extremely light but not really heavy either. I took off the optional shoulder strap & that lightens it up even more. The straps attached to it are very comfortable on the shoulder so I saw no need for the optional strap. It would be nice if you needed to wear it across your body~

MB spring 07

inasnapBRUSCIATONEW_l.jpg
Tano Falll 06 In a snap bag

LOL totally agree with you on this one! They look pretty much identical - but my rep of MB is that they always copy from one designer to another - they don't really have any bags they can call their own - but damn! I think we can go on and on finding similar bags from different designers!

But let's be real, don't most designers copy each other?? ...Honestly, I think there are only so many different styles to work with. Some designers choose one trend, while others use multiple ones. The difference is in the quality of the bag and the leather/materials used. We all have our fav styles. We find what works and usually stick with it.

Well put! Copying is the industry standard. As a consumer, the key is finding a bag that you love- nevermind who copied who. After 100 years of handbags, how many truly original ideas are there out there? Probably none! But designers keep coming up with different versions of the standards each and every season nonetheless. And we keep lusting after them!