jumping boots sizing question

kim_mac

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
i finally tried on the jumping boots (tall riding boots with kelly buckle) at the boutique today, and i'm confused about sizing.

when i'm standing, my heel comes out but when i'm walking, the boot fits. do riding boots fit differently from regular tall boots because they are super stiff? i usually wear 7 - 8 depending on the shoe, and i found that 37 (7 US) fit.

are these boots true to size or did you size up or down?

also, does the black come with ghw?

please help so i can get the right size! thanks!

kim_mac IMO the Jumpking boots are sized generosly, I am half a european size smaller in them than my normal shoe size. As with all riding boots 'the heel goes up and down' when walking, hope that makes sense. Good luck! :flowers:

hi - ive personally only seen ruthenium h/w which is v nice on these boots - in my opinion the foot is quite loose id go half a size down possibly - the ankle is roomy , the calf has been found to fit too snug on a lot of tpf members - me included! i started a thread on jumping boots ill dig it out and get back to you with a link later..

thank you so much mai tai and hermeschicuk. i usually wear 37 or 37.5 and i chose 37. seems to correspond to both of you, advising going half a size down. i feel a lot better about the choice i made. yes, riding boots fit VERY differently from regular boots. i hope they will be more comfortable after i break them in.

mai tai, the heel up/down action is so different from what i'm used to!