Jumping boots size 40 anyone??

Nankali

O.G.
Aug 30, 2009
Ok, first, I have read every single thread of Jumping boots I have found. I LOVE those boots, no surprise, but I am terrified my calves are too big for them (everyone says they are horribly narrow).
My SA has a pair for me, ready to be shipped, and I asked their mesurements but for some reason I didn't get any answear. And she will be posting them for me pretty soon, so HELP, is there anyone with size 40 who could give the calf mesure for me!! My calf is 37cm so do I have any chance fitting in them??
We don't have H store so I can't go and get them stretched there. Only possibility is to buy a stretcher but I don't know if that works enough.. And where can I have those in Europe??
Anyway, HELP! I would like to have some understanding about the calf mesure before my SA will post them to me. It is not worth doing it if I know they won't fit for sure.
Someone said that only 5%!!! of the people trying them can in fact fit those boots. WHAT an earth!! That's just ridiculous!! WHY does Hermes make boots like that? :rant:
I will do what ever to fit into them, but my calves/legs are pretty normal, not on the very thin side.. :sad:

I thought the calf measurement for jumping boots is like 14.5" which is just under 37cm, or else it is 14". I was in the boutique and they measured them for me but I can't remember which. My calves are around 13.5 / 14 but I couldn't try them on because they weren't there in my size (I'm a 42.5).

Hi Jelly!! My SA is really helpful but I don't know why she didn't answear, perhaps she is very busy now because of the Christmas. I think I might ask again on Monday, but I try not to bother her too much (you know how delicate the relationship with the SA is.. I have only one SA, abroad, and I want to keep her with both of my hands). So if I can't get help here I might try again.

I think they measure around 36 cm. I have a pair but they are at the cobblers now so I cannot measure them. I think that is pretty accurate, only 5% of the population being able to fit into them. They are very tight. I have calves that are slimmer than average and they are tight on me.

I do assume that the measurments will vary a bit depending on your boot size (but not by much). I´m a size 37.

Buying the boots without trying is risky. I don't think your SA should ship without ascertaining your fit. There is a "Japanese" model now, and it's wider at the calves. I find the name rather odd as Japanese women are so slim!

Thank you everyone for your valuable input!! :flowers:
Based on your opinions I don't feel too confident about the fit. I have average calves so I don't think I belong to that 5% of population.
I hope the japanise model will come to Europe quickly too!!
Anyway, I think I will try to get mesurements from my SA still once more and then decide.. If I end up buying those gorgeous boots and they would magically fit I promise to send action pics!! Have a great day everyone!!