Jumbo

LegacyFox

May 19, 2020
I bought my jumbo about a year ago and have not used her. I recently bought the medium classic and fell in love with the size and lightness of it. I assumed that jumbo would be best bag for me because I wanted to wear it crossbody, but I find her so big and heavy that I haven’t used it at all. Should I sell and use the money to buy another medium or keep?

I bought my jumbo about a year ago and have not used her. I recently bought the medium classic and fell in love with the size and lightness of it. I assumed that jumbo would be best bag for me because I wanted to wear it crossbody, but I find her so big and heavy that I haven’t used it at all. Should I sell and use the money to buy another medium or keep?
Mine are all jumbos! If she is too big for you sell her!

I took a few years break from my jumbo but recently fell in love again wearing it shoulder style over a big coat. I would never wear it crossbody. My favorites are jumbo and mini and I know that the other sizes are not for me. Since you have found your best sizes you should let go of the jumbo, enjoy your medium and save for future ones!

Same As above. My favorites are jumbos and minis. Medium doesn't work for me especially as a mom of two small active boys (2 and 4). Jumbos are nice to wear with big coats and mini are nice as crossbody. I also can put diapers in the jumbo and fit more stuff in there for my kids like snacks.
I find mediums only good to wear on dates or weddings without the kids.
If jumbo doesn't work for you, sell.

Reactions: sydsunshine
Yes. I personally love jumbos, but if it doesn't work for you then sell. Right now is a good time to sell Chanel.

Yes I would encourage you to sell it and get something you love and use. The heaviness of the bag is something that will linger and bother you for a long time, and not because you’ve “fallen out of love” with the bag.

I actually have a single flap jumbo (series 13) and I find her quite manageable. but the current price of single flap jumbos is so high, it would be better to just buy a new medium from the store.

I think you should sell your jumbo as you find it heavy. If a bag is heavy, I will not want to use it often either. Then, the bag is sitting in your closet and it is a waste of money. I have a jumbo in the single flap and I don't find it heavy. It seems like you like the medium more. In your case, I would sell the jumbo and use the money towards the medium. Due to recent price increase, you may not lose money at all. :smile:

I also have jumbo and have not used it. Covid did not help since we all stayed home and no travel. I paid $6200 plus tax and now the same bag is $7400 plus tax. I think prices may still go up. Unless you are sure that you will not regret it, then sell it but buy medium flap and maybe add some funds and buy something else too..,

I still think jumbo is great bag but agree it’s a bit heavy. I have mediums too and they are much smaller compared to jumbo.

I have bought several jumbos over the years and ended up selling each one. The size is just too big on my frame and I rarely used them. I liked the idea of the extra space but I just don’t like the size. I did not regret selling any of them. I would sell. However, if you don’t HAVE to sell right now, I would wait. The longer you keep it, the more money you will get for it due to the price increases. That’s why I’m hanging onto my woc for now!

I absolutely love my jumbo 2.55 bags and would never sell. My absolute favorite is my 2005, re-issue ANNIVERSARY ISSUE in 2 28. It is just so fabulous and will become vintage in a few years. This is a treasure forever.