Jumbo vs medium for second classic flap

myztic

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
I have a black caviar medium with gold hardware.
Should I get another medium in beige Claire this year? Or should I instead get a black jumbo with gold hardware in caviar??

What would you do? What are your thoughts on jumbo vs medium? Does every collection need one jumbo? Or are mediums the better option?

CrazyCool01

May 17, 2015
jumbo is a heavy bag, it fits a lot compared to medium classic flap but it is heavy and it is a day bag.
Strap is too long to crossbody.

are you tall ? then jumbo might look good on you.

My vote is medium classic flap.

Reactions: myztic

Klaneckya

Feb 26, 2019
I had jumbo and sold it. Too big and heavy. I think I bought jumbo because everyone on YouTube says jumbo should be your first bag :smile:.
I would say depending on your frame, go with either small or medium.

myztic

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
I am short. 5’2.
I wish the medium would fit more! It’s quite a right fit in there but yeah maybe the medium beige might be a better choice.

Reactions: CrazyCool01

CrazyCool01

May 17, 2015
I am short. 5’2.
I wish the medium would fit more! It’s quite a right fit in there but yeah maybe the medium beige might be a better choice.
Am short, 5'1 an i had and sold a jumbo. Looked too big on me plus the bag was heavy.

Beige is a great choice! what ever you decide hope you love/enjoy using

amna72

Apr 12, 2015
I prefer Jumbo over Medium (except for the summer period) and I get more wear out of it, but since you have Medium you should be able to determine if you need a bag which offers more space. If medium fits your needs, go with beige in the same size. If it does not and you often feel you need a bigger bag, I would suggest a Jumbo.

Reactions: salal04 and Chrysje
Apr 13, 2015
I have three jumbos and it’s my favorite size. I may even add one more. I only have one medium classic flap for evenings out, that’s enough. The medium just doesn’t function as an every day bag for me. It holds too little and I don’t like how it hangs either single chained or doubled. The jumbo (called large now) sits so nicely when double chained and it has a back pocket for my phone and a mask which I’ve come to realize is a convenience I need :smile:

lovieluvslux

That bag is fine!
O.G.
Oct 17, 2010
A jumbo might be fine for you, just a bit of caution.

Hopefully you can try a jumbo on and perhaps put your wallet in it. Remember the chain on the jumbo is longer and heavier than medium. I'm about 5. 5 and more robust in size. I find that I tire of wearing my jumbo all day - if carrying shopping bags. For example, I would not take my jumbo along a planned shopping trip. If you have someone else carry your bags, then it's perfect!
I've seen a few ladies in LA with their jumbos and husbands/son's/partners. are carrying the shopping bags. :smile:

ashin121

O.G.
Mar 12, 2008
I'm 5'2 and small frame (0/00/xs). Mini and jumbo are my favorite size. Before kids, jumbo was my favorite. I don't find it heavy at all. I don't carry it as often anymore because I have a 2 and 5 yo and I need only crossbody bags. I don't carry my mini with them either since it's lambskin and too small for my needs. My m/l is my least favorite because it can't be worn crossbody. It's really only an evening bag for me but with the pandemic there's no use for it...it's the only bag I have not taken out in the last year.

I think you should try out the jumbo if you can in the store and also take a look at the m/l beige. See which one you fall in love with.

Everyone has different taste so ultimately it's what you fall in love with when you see it.