O.G.
Nov 28, 2009
i hav my eyes on 2 bags for my birthday
black/gold chains/lamb skin/medium
pink/silver chain/lamb skin/jumbo
black/gold chains/lamb skin/jumbo

th is is going to be my first chanel, so want to pick carefully
of cuz due to money issues i'm leaning toward medium
the prices are listers in increasing order with the black jumbo as most expensive...

please help me decide thanks!

also i'm a young girl in 20's not tall around 163cm so dont know if jumbo might be too big?

plus should i wait and get a reissue? always like that better than classics for some reason in like 2.66?? love the double flap

Last edited:
I think the M/L would be great for you if you don't carry a lot of stuff. It is very versatile. Pink is not a good option if you're going for lambskin. You won't get to use it much since it will get dirty very easily. But don't settle for something just because you don't have enough for something else you want more. You can always save a little more. The Jumbo is also a great size though. So either the black M/L or Jumbo.

But... if you have always liked the Reissue better then you should wait. Good luck!

HI There - see my post on this very same question - where I actually did a poll....

Subject: I need your Vote! Jumbo or Maxi posted yesterday, Sunday, January 9th. I am going for the maxi primarily for my height and that I carry alot. I currently have a single flap, jumbo, black caviar with SHW that I a returning to my Neiman Marcus today. I know the 2010 are hard to find as the 2011 have double flaps, so if you are interested - let me know and I will tell my SA at Neiman's to put it on hold for you..

i hav my eyes on 2 bags for my birthday
black/gold chains/lamb skin/medium
pink/silver chain/lamb skin/jumbo
black/gold chains/lamb skin/jumbo

th is is going to be my first chanel, so want to pick carefully
of cuz due to money issues i'm leaning toward medium
the prices are listers in increasing order with the black jumbo as most expensive...

please help me decide thanks!

also i'm a young girl in 20's not tall around 163cm so dont know if jumbo might be too big?

plus should i wait and get a reissue? always like that better than classics for some reason in like 2.66?? love the double flap

HI There - see my post on this very same question - where I actually did a poll....

Subject: I need your Vote! Jumbo or Maxi posted yesterday, Sunday, January 9th. I am going for the maxi primarily for my height and that I carry alot. I currently have a single flap, jumbo, black caviar with SHW that I a returning to my Neiman Marcus today. I know the 2010 are hard to find as the 2011 have double flaps, so if you are interested - let me know and I will tell my SA at Neiman's to put it on hold for you..

i like the double flap tho
how come people prefer single flap?

I want to buy à classic flap, m/l or jumbo. Black caviar with ghw. I havent tried them yet but From what I've read and seen here the jumbo doesnt seen too big. I want to use it mostly for dinners going out etc but sometimes Also during the day. Somebody who thinks i might be kind of right?

As my first Chanel, I bought the classic black m/l flap with g/h... I wouldn't be getting a lambskin in any size larger than the m/l as I find that big bags tends to scratch more easily especially if you are not careful with your bags...

I think it is a personal thing whether you like the jumbo or maxi size, there isn't much difference between the two (the maxi being about 1" larger), I have the maxi as I like where the bag sitting on me... the jumbo just didn't feel right!

The typical 1st Chanel is the m/l because proportion-wise it's perfect for everyone & it's also the classic size. However, many have had to trade up to the jumbo because it's more practical. If you don't carry a lot & want to use it for special events, then get the m/l. But if you have a lot of stuff to carry, then the jumbo is a great everyday bag. That said, my favorite is the 226 reissue since it's the size in between the m/l & jumbo. I think it's more versatile (can go from day/night, casual/dressy) & gives you a little more room. I'd wait for the 226 if you really love it.

BTW, I agree with Rita005: pink + lambskin + jumbo = :nogood: . That's a high maintenance combo! I'd opt for the caviar leather instead.

The typical 1st Chanel is the m/l because proportion-wise it's perfect for everyone & it's also the classic size. However, many have had to trade up to the jumbo because it's more practical. If you don't carry a lot & want to use it for special events, then get the m/l. But if you have a lot of stuff to carry, then the jumbo is a great everyday bag. That said, my favorite is the 226 reissue since it's the size in between the m/l & jumbo. I think it's more versatile (can go from day/night, casual/dressy) & gives you a little more room. I'd wait for the 226 if you really love it.

BTW, I agree with Rita005: pink + lambskin + jumbo = :nogood: . That's a high maintenance combo! I'd opt for the caviar leather instead.

thanks very helpful I have already been looking at chanel bags for a long long time so maybe i'll just get a m/l to start haha and we don't know what will happen from there lolz maybe i'll save up for a reissue 226 later on ya i agree with u on the fact that it is the size in between chanel m/l and jumbo
thats also y i like it and it's a double flap which i think is more convenient!

thanks everyone for your help!!

I would get black and not pink. Size just depends what you need to carry, I dont carry much so I would get a M/L. But if the reason you get a jumbo is because it fits more for daily use then I wouldn't get lambskin. But if your using it just for dinners, going out, etc then lambskin M/L is perfect.. But it sounds like you really want a reissue so I would wait and get that instead!