Jumbo VS GST + Mini

ashley99

O.G.
Jan 1, 2013
I'm thinking about getting my first Chanel soon (black caviar GHW), and am contemplating either a Jumbo OR a GST and a Mini/WOC. It works out as roughly the same price - what do you Purse Forumers think?! Is it better to get the Jumbo alone (a real classic), or to spend the same amount of money and get two bags???

What will you get more use from? Do you use large bags, or a variety of sizes? Do you need a tote (the GST)? The Jumbo is truly a classic flap, but the GST is also a classic. Think about what you will use more, and which you truly desire and will use the most. :smile:

What will you get more use from? Do you use large bags, or a variety of sizes? Do you need a tote (the GST)? The Jumbo is truly a classic flap, but the GST is also a classic. Think about what you will use more, and which you truly desire and will use the most. :smile:
Thanks for your great advice!! I use the Louis Vuitton Neverfull as my everyday tote currently, and I love that it's pretty sturdy and can be bashed around a bit without worrying! I guess I was looking for a bag that I could wear mostly at evenings, but also sometimes during the day - hence why I'm leaning more towards the Jumbo. It's just such a lot of money for one bag, I'm finding it hard to pull the trigger!

I'm also thinking about the M/L Classic Flap - my mum has it in lambskin and it's gorgeous!

I'm also really lazy about changing my bags (IE once I put my stuff in one, I'm often not bothered to change bags for months!) - it might make more sense to stick to what I've got for everyday and get a Classic Flap for special occasions...

How many stuff are your wearing the most of time? I don't carry that much, so I use my Jumbo and Minis as everyday bags. Also at this price point if you really want a flap than get it now. The next price increase will come for sure. If you prefer to have 2 different bags for that money go for the GST and Mini. You would have both, an everyday bag (GST) and the Mini for evenings.....

I'm also really lazy about changing my bags (IE once I put my stuff in one, I'm often not bothered to change bags for months!) - it might make more sense to stick to what I've got for everyday and get a Classic Flap for special occasions...

Sounds like this is where your heart is leaning. I have the M/L size and it's perfect for special occasions. :smile:

Hi there I had this problem too last week! I had the money for the jumbo but left with a GST, half-moon and jelly sandals from Chanel! I don't regret it at all, however I do still yearn for the jumbo.

The sad thing is all those three items in total where £200 cheaper than a jumbo.

With the price increase in a couple of weeks maybe the jumbo is a better choice, but I'm glad I got 3 items instead of one!

Hope that helps!

How many stuff are your wearing the most of time? I don't carry that much, so I use my Jumbo and Minis as everyday bags. Also at this price point if you really want a flap than get it now. The next price increase will come for sure. If you prefer to have 2 different bags for that money go for the GST and Mini. You would have both, an everyday bag (GST) and the Mini for evenings.....
I carry a moderate amount of stuff... to be honest all my everyday stuff would probably still be too much for a Jumbo! I'm not that tall (165 cm, 52 kgs), so I'm thinking the M/L could be a better fit on me anyway. The price increase is a good consideration actually - the Classic Flaps keep going up and up whereas the GST seems a bit more steady.

Sounds like this is where your heart is leaning. I have the M/L size and it's perfect for special occasions. :smile:
I think you might be right :smile: The M/L is such a great size - I think I may find the Mini too small even for evenings (with car keys etc). Which colour do you have in the M/L? I've always thought I'd want black, but now really love beige!

Hi there I had this problem too last week! I had the money for the jumbo but left with a GST, half-moon and jelly sandals from Chanel! I don't regret it at all, however I do still yearn for the jumbo.

The sad thing is all those three items in total where £200 cheaper than a jumbo.

With the price increase in a couple of weeks maybe the jumbo is a better choice, but I'm glad I got 3 items instead of one!

Hope that helps!
Thanks so much for your comment! That is really interesting to hear that you were in the same position :smile: Congratulations on your lovely purchases! I had also thought about the half moon WOC, it's gorgeous. Did you try on the Jumbo and just decide that you could get a lot more for your money? It's hard to know what to do when you weigh it up that way, but then I have always wanted a Classic Flap (more than any other bag) and know that I wouldn't regret it!

What colour GST and WOC did you get? :smile:

i vote for m/l or mini actually since you already have a lv neverfull.

i don't really like jumbo cos i find it too big for a flap and the size doesn't seem to fit my frame and it's quite heavy. just my personal preference.

since you have already short listed 3 bags, go down to the store and try them all. you will just know which bag to buy! :smile:

ashley99 said:
Thanks so much for your comment! That is really interesting to hear that you were in the same position :smile: Congratulations on your lovely purchases! I had also thought about the half moon WOC, it's gorgeous. Did you try on the Jumbo and just decide that you could get a lot more for your money? It's hard to know what to do when you weigh it up that way, but then I have always wanted a Classic Flap (more than any other bag) and know that I wouldn't regret it!

What colour GST and WOC did you get? :smile:

I got a black GST with SHW and beige half-moon with GHW. I did try on the jumbo but I couldn't bring myself to buy it yet. The GST is still a classic and will get a lot of use out of it!

I just got my first chanel - GST in black caviar with gold hardware. The GST is such a practical and easy to use bag. It can fit all your items e.g. ipad, wallet, phone, keys, umbrella, etc and I think it looks very stylish. The GST is best suited for everyday use due to size and functionality.

If you love the classic flaps, you would probably be better off getting one of them (you mentioned you wanted to use it for evenings out) and still use your LV neverfull for everyday use.