Jumbo Spring/Classic colors for CF's

tenshix

¤ m . k . j ¤
O.G.
Apr 21, 2009
Edit: Argh, actually I think this is in the wrong sub-forum. I meant to post it in the main Chanel forum, very sorry about that. Would one of the mods mind moving it if it's possible?

Hi ladies!

I was wondering if anyone might know where I might be able to get a list (and with lots of luck, along with pictures) of this season's colors for a Jumbo-sized double and/or normal Classic Flap? SH or GH, it doesn't matter to me.

I'm looking for the bag in leather (preferably Caviar, but lambskin is fine too), and definitely in bright colors. I've seen all the colors they have on the Chanel website as well as the color-degradation/mix bags, but for some reason I'm not really into them. I've also checked out many of the threads here on PF and went through Ebay but I found nothing.. (Oh, I did see quite a few beauties in purple but since I already have a purple bag I want to have other colors!)

This is going to be my very own first Chanel purchase aside from the hand-me-downs from my mom so I want it to be a classic but bright as well to represent my youth and liveliness! I wanted to buy the Cruise '10 Blue Roi so badly but things didn't work out.. I looked around everywhere for it and when my NM SA said she had it, I was ever so excited for her to put in an order for me from another store but when it arrived at my home I was horrified to find that it was the Dark Navy.... Not Blue Roi. When I went back to NM in shock, she looked for it in the system and explained that Blue Roi was already sold out everywhere. So I guess Blue Roi and I was not meant to be. :sad: I returned it and with a heavy heart, I tried to forget about Blue Roi. But today I stumbled upon the blue Valentine's edition bag with the charms on it! It was irresistible, but my mom reminded me that the size was not a Jumbo and being a big-bag-kinda-girl, I could barely use the blue bag for everyday use because I can only fit a wallet and phone in there (which would be fine for a lot of people, but I'm kind of a freak and I bring a lot of stuff with me.. Thus the big-bags).

So now I'm kind of torn.. I could either buy the small blue valentine's bag (which is in-between Blue Roi and Navy in color!!) or I could wait and find a Jumbo in caviar or lambskin in another color. Which is why I've come to you ladies (and gentlemen) to find new options! I'm very into bright pinks, reds, and blues, but I'm also open to other colors like yellow/orange/green/etc.

Also, another reason why I'm hesitant to buy the Valentine's edition one is because of its price. (Note to self: ARGHHH I should have bought it before the price increase in Jan!) It costs a few hundred dollars cheaper than a normal Jumbo Classic would cost, so I figure might as well get the Jumbo right?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated! :heart:

Last edited:
Yes, definitely wait for the Jumbo... It's only a few hundred extra and you should buy something that you can carry everyday. 10C had many bright colors, but they're probably really hard to find now. Keep checking consignment stores, or wait for Chanel to release more colorful bags :smile:

S/S didn't have any colored caviar flaps. As mentioned above cruise had some really nice colors like the bleu roi, but they are hard to find now. Also I would wait for a Jumbo.

Ladies!! Thank you for your advice, I'm SO glad I waited out for a jumbo because I just purchased one today.. Though it wasn't a bright color at all, I'm very much in love with it!

I went to the Chanel boutique in SF and the SA there told me all the colors are pretty much in lambskin and the ones I saw.. I didn't like. She told me to wait for the Pre-Fall collection and I thought I was about to give up.. But then NM was just across the road and I thought "Why not?" and decided to take a peek at what they had in stock. I was instantly captivated by a black patent jumbo on the shelf and upon close inspection, it's the shimmery/glittery one! I fell in love right away and took it home with me.. I'm so happy with it! :biggrin:

Check out the pictures on the April 2010 purchases thread if you'd like to see it! :yahoo:

No, unfortunately I didn't see any.. They only have the basic colors this season: Black, Beige, and White. I didn't feel like buying those in caviar because they're ALWAYS around and I'd rather buy something new.

The Chanel SA in SF did tell me that some caviar jumbos should be out for the Pre-Fall collection which she mentioned should be out some time in late April.. Let's be on the lookout for that!

Thank youuu! Hehehe :biggrin:

Late April??!! Caviar jumbos!!?? Prefall??!! When trunk shows? Not that I can buy anything bc on ban!! So is sparkly black patent 10p??? Saw it inapril. Congrats it's pretty
No, unfortunately I didn't see any.. They only have the basic colors this season: Black, Beige, and White. I didn't feel like buying those in caviar because they're ALWAYS around and I'd rather buy something new.

The Chanel SA in SF did tell me that some caviar jumbos should be out for the Pre-Fall collection which she mentioned should be out some time in late April.. Let's be on the lookout for that!

Thank youuu! Hehehe :biggrin:

Thank you love!

HAHAHAHA yes, my SA said she'll let me know when the trunk show is but I suspect it'll be around mid-April to end of April because the Pre-Fall will be released around end of April to early May.. This is in the Chanel boutique in SF though, I'm not sure if it applies for all the Chanel stores! But keep your fingers crossed that it come in a few weeks!

Today as in Friday? Nope, it was raining too heavily and I was too lazy to go out, but I was there on Thursday with my Mom and little sister and cousin! I was there for quite a while inquiring about colors in Jumbo sizes and the new up-coming collections. :biggrin: Were you there Thursday or Friday?