Jumbo & Reissue 227...is it work to have both?

Hello ladies,

Now, cause of the rumors of price increasing, I decided to buy one before that horrible time come. I ordered 2.55 Reissue 227 matt black w/silver hardware. I have tried many times to made sure that I prefer the silver chain. The thing is, I've got black cavier jumbo w/silver chain which I love her so much. Are they too similar? Or will they become twin bags? ...since they're same color, hardware color, and very closely size. So for the gals who own both of them, please help me by sharing your opinion and comment. The bag will arrive tomorrow. I want to make sure that I've a right decision. Thanks everyone in advance! :biggrin:

227 w/ gold hw....they don't look that similar to me but they both are quilted and black, for me it's caviar that makes me feel i can use it as a daily bag and not worry about anything. the reissue i usually use as a weekend bag

I have a Caviar Jumbo SHW and I got a 227 Matte Black with GHW in Feb. I think the bags look different enough to have the same HW, but like the other ladies, I much preferr GHW on the 227.

Another vote for GHW from someone who owns m/l SHW and 226 GHW :biggrin: I think you need both for different occasions! One for laidback, easy, modern cool and one for dressier evening/wow factor. Unless you really aren't a gold hw person, the reissue with gold chain is stunning and so iconic, whereas the ruthenium is more bland.

I prefer the ghw on the 227! The silver is nice, but the gold is just stunning. Either way, I think a 227 is very different from a Jumbo, so it's perfect to have both in your collection. Lucky you!

It sounds like you are a fan of silver hardware and that you would not like the gold? Even if you kept both bags with silver hardware, I think they are different enough. The leather texture is different, the straps and locks are different, and they are different sizes. I don't think they are too similar to keep both. I wouldn't get gold hardware if you prefer silver. You need to get what you will use, not get something else just because it is different. I think both of your silver hardware bags will be classics that you can use forever.

You should get reissue and it looks much different from classic flap. I like reissue better because it is low profile and subtle. I just got mine 226 with silver hardware and believe I will use more than my jumbo gold chain flap. I don't feel like to bring my jumbo to work since the gold hardware is too eye catching. End up I bought a medallion as my work horse. Now I have reissue with silver hardware and I can switch between the two. Also have you try on 226 size? I like this size better than 227 because it is big enough to use as day bag, yet it is also appropriate for night out. If you change your mind on the hardware, I would strongly recommend the smaller size with gold.

I think they are different. I have the matte black reissue 226 with SHW and other bags are mostly silver/dark metal chain because I always wear silver jewerly. The only bag I have with GHW is beige clair. I think you should keep them both. The classic flap is more dressy and the reissue is more casual so u have the best of both world ;)

Thanks for posting this, I actually have the same question. Owning both are too similar or not? The thread gave me ideas from gals who own both that they are different.
I agree with many comments that buy what u like and will use. But it u want more variety, the GHW for reissue is the choice. Look into your bag collection, if u don't have the GHw, should consider getting one!

It sounds like you are a fan of silver hardware and that you would not like the gold? Even if you kept both bags with silver hardware, I think they are different enough. The leather texture is different, the straps and locks are different, and they are different sizes. I don't think they are too similar to keep both. I wouldn't get gold hardware if you prefer silver. You need to get what you will use, not get something else just because it is different. I think both of your silver hardware bags will be classics that you can use forever.

:goodpost: ITA. Buy what you love. Both are different. If you were to buy only 2 Chanels in your lifetime, these would be it.