Jumbo Lovers/Haters who are 5'2" (or shorter), please help :)

mrsMP

O.G.
Sep 12, 2010
Hi ladies,

I've been wanting to get a Jumbo Black Caviar with GHW but worried about the size of it. I'm barely 5'2 (125 lbs (but trying to get back to my normal size of 110lbs :biggrin:)) and wondering if it'll be too big/boxy for me. I've been reading different posts and it seems like a lot of those who happen to be on the "shorter" side end up selling/regretting (buying) their jumbos. So please help me decide:

1) How tall are you?
2) Why do you love/hate the jumbo?
3) Can you please share a pic (or a link) to a picture of you (or others) wearing the jumbo?

If I decide to get the jumbo, I'm gonna have to let go of 2 of my Chanels (GST and M/L Dark Beige) not because I don't love them but because I just can't justify having all these bags/financial reasons (I have to be practical).

Currently I own:
M/L Black Lambskin SHW
M/L Dark Beige Caviar SHW
GST Black Caviar GHW

Will be getting soon:
Red Caviar Mini SHW
Black Caviar Mini GHW

I feel like I have to act fast before another price increase!!

So ladies, please help me decide... Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!!!

Hi ladies,

I've been wanting to get a Jumbo Black Caviar with GHW but worried about the size of it. I'm barely 5'2 (125 lbs (but trying to get back to my normal size of 110lbs :biggrin:)) and wondering if it'll be too big/boxy for me. I've been reading different posts and it seems like a lot of those who happen to be on the "shorter" side end up selling/regretting (buying) their jumbos. So please help me decide:

1) How tall are you?
3) Can you please share a pic (or a link) to a picture of you (or others) wearing the jumbo?

If I decide to get the jumbo, I'm gonna have to let go of 2 of my Chanels (GST and M/L Dark Beige) not because I don't love them but because I just can't justify having all these bags/financial reasons (I have to be practical).

Currently I own:
M/L Black Lambskin SHW
GST Black Caviar GHW

Will be getting soon:
Red Caviar Mini SHW
Black Caviar Mini GHW

So ladies, please help me decide... Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!!!

I am 5'2" (though not as tiny as you). I find that I don't use my Jumbos as much as my Reissues because the chain drop is longer and the new Jumbos (double flap) feel more boxy. I prefer the shape and chain drop of the reissue. The Jumbo definitely feels larger on me than either a 226 or 227. I don't "hate" my Jumbos, I just don't love them or use them as much as my reissues. The reissue is just a more comfortable bag for me to carrry. Reissues are also lighter than the double flap Jumbo. Sorry, I don't have any pics wearing my Jumbos. HTH!

I'm 5'1 (barely) and 114lbs. I was really worried my jumbo would look too big but I get compliments all the time. It definitely looks larger on me than a taller person but I live wearing her.

I did a reveal in June for my beige jumbo and have model pics in there. I'm on my phone so I'm having trouble uploading.

Go for the jumbo!!!!

I have a jumbo double flap and although the length when worn single chain is too long, it was fixed by just putting a clip (given by my SA) on one side. It's my everyday bag now and the double flaps somehow make it less 'flattened' at the top where the arch is compared to a single flap. FYI I'm 5'3 and 110 lbs :smile:

I think if you love the jumbo for the bag itself, you should keep it. However, in my opinion, the bag will look like it's wearing you and out of proportion. I am 5'2", and 108 lbs. I have tried on a jumbo and GST many times, and neither work for me. The bags are beautiful, no doubt. But I think fashion is about how things look on you, and for me, it looked like I was wearing a huge bag and just wanted to flash Chanel. So even though I love the jumbo and also the GST, sadly, neither bags are not for me.

Here is a test... put the bag on, stand far away in the mirror and then walk up to and away from the mirror, moving at different angles. Is the proportion appealing to you? Does it make you shorter because the bag is so big? If you like what you see and you love the bag, keep it.

G&Smommy said:
I am 5'2" (though not as tiny as you). I find that I don't use my Jumbos as much as my Reissues because the chain drop is longer and the new Jumbos (double flap) feel more boxy. I prefer the shape and chain drop of the reissue. The Jumbo definitely feels larger on me than either a 226 or 227. I don't "hate" my Jumbos, I just don't love them or use them as much as my reissues. The reissue is just a more comfortable bag for me to carrry. Reissues are also lighter than the double flap Jumbo. Sorry, I don't have any pics wearing my Jumbos. HTH!

Agree. I love the reissues however it seems like the resale value for jumbos are higher than reissues and not many appreciate the beauty in reissues. The jumbos are good size for me. M/L is too small and I like the size of Jumbo personally. More roomy. I'm 160cm

Hi ladies,

1) How tall are you?

Currently I own:
M/L Black Lambskin SHW
GST Black Caviar GHW

Will be getting soon:
Red Caviar Mini SHW
Black Caviar Mini GHW

Love jumbos on petite girls. Shows real confidence and looks sexy!