Jumbo Glue mark

tia1985

Feb 5, 2010
Toronto
Hi Everyone. There appears to be a glue mark on my 2016 CF and am concern it’ll get worse over time. When I first discovered it (probably 2-3 years ago) it was just the left one and now I noticed it on the flap. I take very good of my purses and used this one no more than 5-10 times. How can I fix this? Is it something I can do at home or have to take it somewhere ? If so, any recommendation of a place in Toronto area.

thx! 086F50DF-3202-4F0B-99E4-AFCE4B65C294.jpeg

thebagqueen

I wanna go shopping!
O.G.
Sep 24, 2010
NYC
Have you tried to contact Chanel about this? Something very similar happened to one of my Dior bags recently - I’ve had the bag for nearly 2 years, never noticed these glue marks until a few weeks ago, and like you I take very good care of my bags. looks pristine aside from these marks. I contacted dior’s after-sales service, sent them pics and they had me send it in for repair. I don’t have it back yet so can’t say the outcome yet, but contacting Chanel service might be a good place to start

tia1985

Feb 5, 2010
Toronto
Have you tried to contact Chanel about this? Something very similar happened to one of my Dior bags recently - I’ve had the bag for nearly 2 years, never noticed these glue marks until a few weeks ago, and like you I take very good care of my bags. looks pristine aside from these marks. I contacted dior’s after-sales service, sent them pics and they had me send it in for repair. I don’t have it back yet so can’t say the outcome yet, but contacting Chanel service might be a good place to start
Thanks! Odd, I never got a notification of your response. I contacted head office and they directed me to after sales at one of the store locations. Will need to do that still.

Did you have to pay for the repair?

thebagqueen

I wanna go shopping!
O.G.
Sep 24, 2010
NYC
Thanks! Odd, I never got a notification of your response. I contacted head office and they directed me to after sales at one of the store locations. Will need to do that still.

Did you have to pay for the repair?
so far I haven’t had to pay. based on the pics they said it was a defect so I shouldn’t have to pay but we’ll see.