jumbo flap on short girls?

m.sou

Feb 12, 2008
hey ladies!

i just bought a jumbo flap off ebay, everyone keeps telling me the bag is too big for me. i'm 5'1 and very petite (i can wear kids jeans!).

any other shorties out there with the jumbo who can post up some pics?

thanks! :biggrin:

i'm only 5'3 and was scared that the bag would look too large on me as well...but i love it so much! i get compliments all of the time and it's the most useful of my chanel bags. i dont have a photo but will look for one!

Reactions: chanelredsoles
I am shorty too and i own the 227 reissue (same size as the Jumbo)! I love it and I think it looks great on me! I haven't had issues with people telling me that its too big on me but i also carry big bags most of the time! :smile:

I'm 4'10 and own two jumbos. I've carried the baby cabas and a vinyl Chanel messager bag and am not bothered by the size. Your bag is luxurious and beautiful so you don't need to feel self conscious about wearing it. It'll actually be much harder to get people to not touch your bag.

I am a shory too. I am 5"3 and my bag is a jumbo but kinda looks like a maxi on me since I am so short. Here is a pic.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC00022.jpg
    DSC00022.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,658
  • DSC00020.jpg
    DSC00020.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,473
I'm 5'1" and I'm about a size 24 in jeans. I think the small and maybe even the medium looks best on me. The Mini is cute too but the larger ones look ridiculous on me. The bags only make me appear smaller - shorter and thinner. I Do have big totes from gucci and coach but I think for the flap, it's specific style should be more size appropriate. You may find a small/medium more flattering as well. =)

hi m.sou! i'm really petite as well --- only 5'1 and wear XS and size 24s. i do have a jumbo fuschia that i love but don't get as much use out of as compared to my medium flaps. i think u can get away with carrying a large bag if you're wearing denim but not so much if u're wearing something more feminine.

i posted pics of my jumbo a while back. here's the link: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/is-this-jumbo-too-big-on-me-466364.html

I am a shory too. I am 5"3 and my bag is a jumbo but kinda looks like a maxi on me since I am so short. Here is a pic.:biggrin:

oops that's the mistake I made lol

Nicole Richie is quite short and she carries the vintage XL very well. I think it depends on if you have the confidence to pull it off.

If you feel uncomfortable maybe you should get a smaller bag. Most ladies love their bags looking big

I am 5.3 and have the jumbo in black with SHW, it is perfect. Even if you are a little shorter the size is not that big. I am sure it looks great on you too!

cynthia111 - the jumbo looks great, but i agree it does look bigger than the jumbo.

How tall is nicole richie? her vintage chanel is bigger than the jumbo (maxi XL, right?) and yet it looks smaller on her, and she's teeny???

I am only about 5', and wondering if the vintage XL bag will make me look like a stumpy mcstumperson.

I saw the photos of nicole richie with the xl and it didn't look too big on her, that's actually one of the reasons that helped me decide to get the jumbo!

I do have a gst and I didn't think it was too large. I have a ptt and a medium as well, my friends think those 2 are perfect for me but I don't really use them because I am not a huge fan of gold hardware.

I love the size of the jumbo, its perfect for carrying everything u need. I found the medium too small especially since I use a long wallet. Thanks for all the comments, keep them coming!

I also find that if you wear heels, then its a big difference too! my bags look much bigger on me when i'm wearing flats!

OP: Go with the size that will work best for you too! I have a medium/large classic flap and I find it too small for me! I can't fit everything I need in the bag! LOL so I only use it when i'm with my dh and I can borrow his jean pockets too! :P

I actually even find the Jumbo to be a bit small for me sometimes... :s If you don't go with what works for you then you might never use it!

I also like to use long wallets! My medium/large fits my wallet and my iphone...and thats it! Not even my keys! My Jumbo fits my wallet, iphone, keys and I have a bit of room for anything else that I might want to fit.

Last edited: