Jumbo flap L interior

Hi, I have just bought a Jumbo flap (the large size) and have noticed looking through Ebay that some have red interiors ( I already have a small and meidum flap with red interiors ) but the one that I have bought is black - can anyone answer why this is?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I have just bought a Jumbo flap (the large size) and have noticed looking through Ebay that some have red interiors ( I already have a small and meidum flap with red interiors ) but the one that I have bought is black - can anyone answer why this is?

Thanks in advance

Is yours caviar or lambskin? I remember someone posting that only the lambskin flaps have the burgundy interior except for some of the earlier editions. Maybe someone else can confirm.

As far as vintage large classic flaps in lambskin are concerned, you will find both color interiors. I'm not sure why other than that perhaps some years they made them with black interiors and some years they did burgundy. There seems to possibly be some co-relation to the size of the CC's and the color of the interior as well, but I'm not postitive. I really should keep a record and do a little survey to see if there is a pattern.

My understanding is that the lambskin has the burgundy interior for the original Coco Chanel-designed style, the 2.55 (correct me if I am wrong about which style if that is the wrong name). It is a nod to the color of her school uniform.

The new Jumbo that I have bought is in lambskin and the number starts with a 3 - not sure without looking through the authentication thread what year this comes under, but my other two flaps are both from the early 90's with numbers starting with 1, so obviously this one is newer.