Jumbo double/single flap and price decrease?

Suziie

O.G.
Jan 19, 2008
Sweden
Hi!

I've read about the new double flap on jumbos, do you guy think it will be possible to get a single flap in the future? I would reeeeaaally like to buy one some day, but I don't like the double flap. Maybe they will change it back? What do you chanel experts think?

And I read very often about Chanel price increase, do they ever DEcrease their prices??

TIA!

queenofchic

Mar 17, 2008
Never say never. As of now, the single flaps have been discontinued. There are a few floating around in the stores, you just have to track it down. After that, it'll only be available via online resellers. Who knows when Chanel will bring it back (if ever). Get it while you still can if you like the single flaps. And as far as price decrease...that's just wishful thinking. The reasoning behind the change in the double flaps is to justify the price increase. Worst, prices are supposed to increase again in February. At this rate, you should be worried that prices will be closer to Hermes (though very doubtful).

bjorn

Jun 17, 2010
The price will increase from single flap to double flap by about 150euros in europe

mimichauchau

Apr 18, 2006
I know how you feel!! I was feeling the same way.. I wasn't planning to buy one for a long time.. so expensive.. but I took the plunge bc I'm scared I won't ever will get my hands on one.. and i've been wanting it so long.. (prob 6 years now lol) I can't stand the idea of paying over 3k for a used one lol. I got lucky and my Saks SA had one left in the color that I want. Black with gold hardware.. She's on the way home!!No more sleepless nightt!! whoHOO ..:woohoo: lol I literally been stalking ebay every single night. I've been seeing good deals on ebay though, if you don't mind getting a preowned one. Good luck!!
for
I'm a student too. I've been working 3 jobs lol. I'm not going to be able to buy another bag long long time =[

BlondieJ

Apr 25, 2010
California
mimichauchau- I just got a jumbo and my story is the same as yours! I wanted one so bad for so long and I was scared I would never get one because they keep jacking up the price like every 3 months.

mimichauchau

Apr 18, 2006
mimichauchau- I just got a jumbo and my story is the same as yours! I wanted one so bad for so long and I was scared I would never get one because they keep jacking up the price like every 3 months.
Hi BlondieJ! I saw your post on another threat about your recent jumbo purchase as well!!! CONGRATSSSSSSS!!!! :hugs: I know exactly how you feel!!! Mine just came home today and I swear... I was delirious.. my bf thought I was being weird lol... he said that he think I love the bag more than him! HEHE ... I told him I was nervous before I opened up the dust bag.. LOL! She is soooooo freaking gorgeous!! :yahoo: I feel like the luckiest girl in the world... it's funny how a bag can make you feel this way... I've have 3 other chanel bags.. but honestly.. I never got a feeling like this before with a bag... do I sound weird?? LOL ! Maybe because I've been wanting her for SO LONG!!! and she's finally MINE !!!

But I want to hear all about your story! LOL. Where did you get your Jumbo?? How much did you pay for it?? What color?? Did you get it preowned or brand new? I'm super excited for you!!! Never on earth... I would EVER think that I would spend over 3k+ for a bag... all my friends think im CRAZY... or rich... which I'm neither lol... I paid half and charged half of it on my Saks CC LOL! but with this ridiculous price rising.... and no more single flap really PUSHED me to just get it!! GLAD I DID THOUGH!! I rather just get it now... not think about how much it cost... so I can just stop losing sleep over it LOL

sleepydreamer

Dec 9, 2010
I just got my 1st Chanel- Jumbo too! My friend bought it for me in Europe for EUR2550 before tax refund. I have debated with myself several times on the good sense of spending so much on a bag. When I bought my Prada this year for EUR1650, I thought it's alot already. But who will have guess that I'll spend nearly EUR1000 more on another bag few months later? I have wanted black caviar with ghw, single flap. She went to a few outlets in Paris & the only single flap she found is in shw so she bought it. At 1st I wasn't sure if i'll keep the bag. But after seeing it & hearing my cousin's reasoning that shw will be more suitable for daily use while the smaller one in ghw will be good for more formal occassions, i decided to keep it. It's a classic & I hope it will last me a good many years/ decades...haha...hope that's not too much to ask for with reasonable care & love for my bag. :smile: