Jumbo Carried like "Gabriel"

You totally rock it! And, I love that you can be hands-free and secure.

Alrighty... I totally forgot that I said I would post photos with a single flap in jumbo size! :P But as I roam around in my PJ I quickly change into a shirt and jeans to snap some photos :biggrin:

A promise is a promise!

Here we go - single flap jumbo lambskin - for those who knows it - the like-a-chevron bag.

So... I definitely know that with a smaller size bag it would probably look better, but seriously, I tried on the Gabriel bag. The larger bags would have similar visual issue (to me at least) that said it looked easier on the eyes because it's bucket style so more of a "north/south" vs. the jumbo which is "east/west". However, I think for some body proportions, it really isn't that bad in person. I think how long or short your torso is, height and frame would make it slightly less or more appealing. I think this is purely a trend thing.

Honestly, I think regardless of Gabriel or this or any other bag, the way to carry it like this is ok/fun/novelty now but not a true practical frequent thing because pulling it over your head for on/off is a bit silly. However, from now on, if I want to distribute the weight on a jumbo and still hands free comfortably, I know there's another option and it looks fun with the right outfit (like i'm not going to put on a Chanel tweed suit with heels and put my bag on me like this :shrugs: from a comfort/does it feel awkward perspective: at least for me, it felt totally comfortable. Another plus is that it's quite "secure" as the straps don't slip off my shoulders when carried this way.

Well this was fun... :P a little Chanel experiment :lol:
View attachment 3629633 View attachment 3629634 View attachment 3629635 View attachment 3629636

Hello fellow Chanel enthusiasts :wave:

I own 5 jumbos (3 single flaps - less boxy; 2 double flaps - boxy/structured CFs). I use the jumbos very rarely compared to my M/Ls, reissues, OM boy, or various mini sized bags. Especially the structured double flap CFs.

Key reasons:
  • Especially double flap ones - heavy and look big visually because they look more boxy due to the structure.
  • The chain is so long that even on my height of 5'8" they hang so low that they kept banging against my upper thigh when carried single chain or cross body. I feel that it looks frumpy as a result.
Seeing the hype Chanel marketing genius has created by dangling a simple bag on a longer chain - e.g., Gabriel bag - I truly appreciate the creativity on an interesting way to carry a bag. However, I haven't rewarded Chanel's genius in creating this hype via a longer chain with a Gabriel purchase myself :P

But, I realize that I do already have bags with a chain that is too long. :idea:

I tried carrying my caviar dark silver jumbo CF today that way. I don't think it looked too bad. It definitely helped distribute the weight a bit as well. The thing is, because this CF is so structured, it looked a bit big still when I turned the face of the bag to the front. Now that said, lets remember that when we wear it double chained on one shoulder, same situation applies.

I do think that with the less structured/bulky single flap jumbos I have, it will look MUCH BETTER as it would look much more sleek and less frumpy/big visually and won't "stick out" as much against my body!

However, I'm in my PJ's and too lazy to pull one of those out for photos tonight so I'll update this thread tomorrow with that. (but I feel pretty good about that one :tup: We shall see :biggrin:

Here're some photos of how the bulkier double flap dark silver CF bag looks like carried this way. One thing that I was thinking about is that the dark silver color is sort of perfect for carrying this way because it's sort of a "cool/edgy" bag vs. for example a beige Claire jumbo which I feel like might look weird with the vibe carried this way... just how I feel :shrugs:

So, honest opinion please... what do you think? Does it work? sort of work? doesn't work well at all?

View attachment 3628715

View attachment 3628716

View attachment 3628717

View attachment 3628718

It looks great but somewhat uncomfortable? I know I would possibly end up strangling myself with the chains

That looks cute. I got a pearl handle for my jumbo.
I love this. I think the pearls look great with Chanel flaps, and I ordered one for my small classic recently. It's kind of fun to have a top handle, and the SA in the Chanel boutique that I was visiting went crazy over it! I ended up directing her to the seller because she wanted one!:smile:

I love this. I think the pearls look great with Chanel flaps, and I ordered one for my small classic recently. It's kind of fun to have a top handle, and the SA in the Chanel boutique that I was visiting went crazy over it! I ended up directing her to the seller because she wanted one!:smile:
Did you get it from Maria on Etsy? That’s where I got mine. I also got one for my boy woc. What do you think?A9CDAA1F-4E94-49AD-A614-6ABDDED69A00.jpegA9CDAA1F-4E94-49AD-A614-6ABDDED69A00.jpeg