Jumbo and a Medium flap in the same color?

Rusalka122

Dec 19, 2015
Hello Ladies,
Few months ago I bought a Chanel Jumbo classic Flap in Caviar SHW. I want to use it every day. Like most of the ladies here I was hooked. I realize now I need to have a Medium Flap as well and a mini rectangular one. I live in Miami and my style is more classic/casual. My first option would be to buy a mini rectangular in a nude Caviar or maybe a light grey (but I already have my Chanel Boy in grey)...So my mini rectangular bag I decided to buy later when I come across this bag in a nude caviar. Now I am looking for a Chanel Medium Double flap (GHW) but I am trying to decide about the color. Should I get the beige? But that's the color of a mini rectangular I am planning to have in the future. Should I get the black? Or it doesn't make sense to have a Jumbo and a Medium both in black color with a different hardware? Is it silly to spend so much money to get different sizes of the same bag both in the same color? It just seems like most of the ladies prefer the Medium in a black color...I kind of regret I didn't get my Jumbo in beige...What would you suggest? Thank you!

Hello Ladies,
Few months ago I bought a Chanel Jumbo classic Flap in Caviar SHW. I want to use it every day. Like most of the ladies here I was hooked. I realize now I need to have a Medium Flap as well and a mini rectangular one. I live in Miami and my style is more classic/casual. My first option would be to buy a mini rectangular in a nude Caviar or maybe a light grey (but I already have my Chanel Boy in grey)...So my mini rectangular bag I decided to buy later when I come across this bag in a nude caviar. Now I am looking for a Chanel Medium Double flap (GHW) but I am trying to decide about the color. Should I get the beige? But that's the color of a mini rectangular I am planning to have in the future. Should I get the black? Or it doesn't make sense to have a Jumbo and a Medium both in black color with a different hardware? Is it silly to spend so much money to get different sizes of the same bag both in the same color? It just seems like most of the ladies prefer the Medium in a black color...I kind of regret I didn't get my Jumbo in beige...What would you suggest? Thank you!
Last week I saw the medium classic in a lovely navy in store! Perfect with jeans/casual wear!

Reactions: Bronzi522
To me, no it's not silly getting the same bag/different size in the same color. I have a ML in SHW, rectangular mini in LGHW, square mini in AGHW, WOC in RHW, and a seasonal bag ALL in black. As you can tell I just love the classic black color. Even though these bags are in black, I did make sure to buy in different hardware. I really wanted to get the mini reissue, in black of course, but missed out on it (darn!). As much as I would love to buy a colored Chanel, I just don't have the courage to buy a color that I will love forever and I'm not willing to spend the large amount of money on a colored bag just yet. Do I regret having all my bags in black? Absolutely not! GL deciding.

I love black
I have woc with gold hardware , mini square chevron silver hardware, medium flap gold hardware, jumbo silver hardware and reissue 227 ruthenium. 5 black
I think they are all different. But I need a new color now . Go for it if it’s a color you use!

I have a jumbo caviar in shw and a medium lamb in ghw. I use them for 2 different purposes. Jumbo for a more casual day use, while medium is for more formal evenings. Both have a place in my wardrobe and I don’t regret getting either of them. Hope this helps.

I have the woc ghw, rectangle mini shw, reissue 226 ruthenium hw, coco handle chevron ghw and single flap jumbo shw all in black. My next one I’m hoping to get the m/l but most likely in black too and probably in caviar like the rest. I like the feel and the luxurious of lambskin but I don’t want to babysit the bag and where I live always rain too. As for other color, I like beige but I tend to wear a lot of dark color clothing so definitely there will be color transfer. So that is not an option unless other darker colors and I can’t think of any that I will like for long term. Overall I am happy with all my black color bags.

Thank you ladies! After reading all the responses I don’t feel that bad purchasing several bags different sizes all in black. When it comes to medium classic flap would you prefer to buy it in black or beige? Since they are both classic...
I went to a Chanel Boutique trying on both bags in black and beige but a SA said she thinks beige looks more oldish which I though was a little strange I dont know...I am 34. Would you suggest beige or black ( both caviar)

I feel like if black works for you then there’s nothing wrong with having two bags in the same colour. It’s timeless and imo you can’t go wrong with black

I would still buy the medium in black color. If I were to buy a colored classic, it would def be in a red or beige. I love the beige color, but honestly, I do not want to baby my bag and worry about color transfer. Two of my bags are in lamb, which I love and is actually quite worry free, but I would hate to form my outfits around a bag. Usually, it's the other way around for me. Plus, I love wearing denim and black leggings, and we all know that sometimes despite plenty of washes, color still will transfer.

I don't think the beige is "old" at all, I think it's very classy and will always be a classic color whether you are in your 20s or in your 70s. For me, I just hate not using my bags and for this amount of money the beige would sit in my closet and I would regret this very expensive purchase. Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of times where I go back and forth on light colors. However, I snap myself out of it and ask myself how many times will I actually use it?

BUT, we are all different and think differently and your thoughts may be the complete opposite of mine. Again, GL deciding and please share what you decide on.

P.S: I forgot to mention that I also have a BLACK small camera bag in SHW as well. This makes 6 bags in Black not 5..lol! #iloveblack