July and August Challenge! Let's lose 10 pounds in 2 months!

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Let's do another weight loss challenge! Throughout the week, we can share tips, tricks, workout regimens, diet, food ideas, etc

Let's start on July 1! Weigh in and record your weight somewhere on a scrapbook at home (not necessary to share due to privacy reasons). Every Friday, we will weigh in and post in this thread your progress in weight loss (or gain). Final weigh in will be September 1.

Let's encourage each other to be healthier, stronger, and more beautiful! Who's in? :tup:

2. Yes! This is great! I'm excited! [emoji13]

3. Do you have a diet plan or exercise plan?

4. I'm excited. Thanks for posting this thread. Go girls!

Now I can try to clean out my cupboards before the challenge starts! :smile::smile::smile:

5. I'm registering today for bar method classes and ballet classes that start in July. I'm also going to keep a diary and try to write down what I eat.

6. Great idea! We can share our history and plans before it starts.

For me, I returned to the gym last March after an injury. It's been almost 4 months now and I'm getting stronger, but haven't really lost any weight. My goal then was to gain strength and not so much fat loss. Now, I can see muscle definition, but the fat is still there. My goal is to lose at least 10 pounds of fat by the end of this challenge if not more.

My biggest issue with weight loss is food. I'm going to really watch my intake at 1200 calories. No special diet. Just try to eat whole and natural foods (no processed foods). No pizza, no burgers, no fries, no cake, no chocolate. Once I start, I can't control my portion. No more dinner after the gym. Im going to eat before I leave work and head to the gym.

I'm going to continue working out 6 days a week. Yoga, pilates, elliptical, strength training. I love working out!

7. Good way to start!

That's great! It's an excellent core workout.

8. I'm in!!! I have been eating much better lately and cutting out things I don't need. I've been walking much more and working on strength training. I am over 50 do the lbs. move much slower. But I am in! Lets go!!

9. This came at just the right time for me - I'm in!

10. Sign me up! I am doing spin classes and a simple weight routine. Also doing a lower carb diet and trying to cut out my extra snacking!

11. Woohoo! I'm in,too. I already walk 2-4 miles a day but started resistance training again this week. My issue is food and alcohol.

Look forward to sharing encouragement and support!

12. I'm in. Hopefully I will remember to check in!! I have about 30 lbs to lose total, but my immediate goal is about six lbs so this is perfect. I need to get off my butt and exercise, and cut out the Red Bull!!

13. Sound good! I'm cutting out alcohol and diet soda, hopefully that will help some [emoji4]

14. Yay, buzzy - so glad you'll be doing this too!

15. I'm quite excited! I wanted to go back to my pre pregnancy body and weight, I already lost 28 pounds after the first 5 weeks postpartum and I'm planning to lose another 22 lbs within a year span. Gaining 50lbs was a big deal for me because prior of being pregnant, I was only 100lbs. My main issue now is I hardly eat my meal regularly and I will be eating fast food. By the way I'm not BFing. I'm looking forward for some motivations and tips on losing weight in a healthy way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice