Julie Wear silk scarf showcase

Can you please help me authenticate this Italian made scarf? I've had it for years but I could never make out the signature marking on the bottom right hand corner I found the identical scarf on 1stdibs.com selling for over $200 however I found a knockoff identical scarf without the marking signature selling online so I'm thinking it must be worth something since other designers knocked off the original I appreciate it thank you God bless Merry Christmas

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211204-104303.png
    Screenshot_20211204-104303.png
    431.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20211204-104320.png
    Screenshot_20211204-104320.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 6
Can you please help me authenticate this Italian made scarf? I've had it for years but I could never make out the signature marking on the bottom right hand corner I found the identical scarf on 1stdibs.com selling for over $200 however I found a knockoff identical scarf without the marking signature selling online so I'm thinking it must be worth something since other designers knocked off the original I appreciate it thank you God bless Merry Christmas
Apologies- I know nothing about this brand. :shrugs:

Can you attach link to 1stDibs scarf?

I authenticate Hermès scarves here on TPF, but can ask a more widely knowledgeable friend if she knows anything or where you might inquire.

In the mean time let me note from experience: signatures are a good sign, but also can be faked.

Last edited:
@TAMMYERS86
Welcome to TPF. Apparently this is a Mcfrango polyester scarf from the 70’s. This is a new one to me as well as my expert friend.

I think the $200+ Seller forgot to convert the optimistic price of another signatured listing in Israeli shekels to USD (3:1) or about $70US. There’s currently an identical signatured scarf to one pictured on eB for $15US.

As to fakers- there’s no rhyme or reason to which designs are copied. I constantly see counterfeit well-known designs as well as unknown/invented ones, printed with different brands (such as Hermès or GUCCI) on them. Sadly they fool plenty of buyers.

Wishing you the best :flowers:

Reactions: papertiger
I too do not recognize the scarf …
I am not even sure that is a signature or a logo bottom right , I cannot read the script lettering except for the last word FRANCE , duhh … we can all make that out …

Reactions: turfnsurf
Hi there, I am not even sure if anyone will see this - but I stumbled upon a Julie Wear scarf at an estate sale last year and bought it without any knowledge of the scarves or artist, I just thought it was beautiful. It has sadly sat in my closet unworn since last year and I am thinking of parting ways with it (attempting a new year closet clean out :angel: haha) so I did a quick search of “Julie Wear scarves” and stumbled upon this website and thread…
Curious if anyone on this site collects them? I typically sell things on Poshmark, but thought I’d just throw this out here first just in the chance someone sees this and is fond of them!

B7B0FB66-477D-41A6-BA2A-130BAC4CC824.jpeg

5409EFF5-6574-46AF-9008-B3C75BB16425.jpeg

48077635-FB8C-4F9F-B1F5-EF0001B7F80B.jpeg

Last edited: