Julianne Pricing Question?????

Suzzeee

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
Okay, so I tried on the Julianne and really liked it - didn't even look at the pricing as I am considering getting the OpArt Inlaid Large Julianne which is $1200 - even with my 30% coupon that's still $800! So, I was thinking maybe I'd just get the regular leather one and went to the website to check out the pricing and - can this be accurate???

Regular Julianne in leather is $458 - website lists 15x13x5 as dimensions??

Large Julianne in leather (which is 1/2" wider and 2" taller - same depth (15.5"x15"x5") - otherwise the bag is identical - same leather.) $898

This seems like an insane price jump to me and if this is accurate Coach has lost their minds and seems to think their customers are complete idiots - I cannot find anything different between the two bags other than a couple of inches in size. Does anyone know if perhaps the website is wrong?? I'm calling the boutique tomorrow, but it's late here and I just saw this.

Last edited:
Absolutely nuts!! Coach has totally lost it let me tell you! There's a $150 price bump from the Reg. to the Lg. Sabrina and a $440 bump for the Julianne plus I think their dimensions are wrong on the website - I saw in another thread smaller sizing for the regular Julianne! Well, I'll bet those large ones aren't exactly flying off the shelves! You'd also think with all the money they are making that Coach could do a better job with their website - it's always got wrong dimensions on it - sheesh - how hard is it to measure a bag! There's no way I'd pay $898 for that bag - gee, for $100 more I can get a Balenciaga for god's sake!

The large is HUGE in my opinion and not worth the price difference unless you want it for more of a travel type bag. I bought the regular one and it is big enough and spectacular.

I posted some pics and if you have more questions PM me and I'll do some additional measuring for you.

The large is HUGE in my opinion and not worth the price difference unless you want it for more of a travel type bag. I bought the regular one and it is big enough and spectacular.

I posted some pics and if you have more questions PM me and I'll do some additional measuring for you.

ITA!! I saw the large last weekend, and it's HUUUGE!!! And no, not worth the price. I also saw the inlaid Julianne, and IMO, that's a steep price for that bag too. I would probably be more likely to buy in inlaid Sabrina for $800 if I were to buy one of those....just me, though.

The regular size Julianne is actually a great size I think. And I agree about the website...there are many errors, from dimensions to even leather specifics!!

ITA!! I saw the large last weekend, and it's HUUUGE!!! And no, not worth the price. I also saw the inlaid Julianne, and IMO, that's a steep price for that bag too. I would probably be more likely to buy in inlaid Sabrina for $800 if I were to buy one of those....just me, though.

The regular size Julianne is actually a great size I think. And I agree about the website...there are many errors, from dimensions to even leather specifics!!

So, here's the response I got from Coach - or should I say "non-response" to my question on why the pricing jump was $150 for the Sabrina and $440 for the Julianne - honestly the Sabrina is harder to make as it's more constructed! I thought I tried on the Large in the boutique but it must have been the regular because it wasn't all that big! ITA the Sabrina in the Inlaid is a much better deal, but even at $800 it's still pricy!

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Coach is committed to upholding the principles of quality
and integrity that define our company. Our products are
made of the finest quality materials that are available in
the industry. In general, the average cost of a luxury brand
tends to be higher based on the materials and workmanship
used in the manufacturing of each item. The Coach brand
represents a unique combination of workmanship and
materials that stand for quality, authenticity, value and truly
distinctive American style.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to
contact us.

Sincerely,

Nicky
COACH Online Consumer Service"

So, here's the response I got from Coach - or should I say "non-response" to my question on why the pricing jump was $150 for the Sabrina and $440 for the Julianne - honestly the Sabrina is harder to make as it's more constructed! I thought I tried on the Large in the boutique but it must have been the regular because it wasn't all that big! ITA the Sabrina in the Inlaid is a much better deal, but even at $800 it's still pricy!

contact us.

Sincerely,

Nicky

Translation: we don't know what the hell were doing over here when it comes to pricing, lol:nogood:

So, I emailed back after I got that totally lame response and said in essence "thanks for the response, but you didn't even remotely answer my question" and they emailed right back and referred me to corporate for any "pricing questions". I'm annoyed by now so I call corporate and get referred to an actual person's voicemail, I left a message stating I'd been referred to them regarding a question I had and so far have not received a return call. I'll post whatever response I get if I even get one! I'm getting very close to only buying accessories from Coach and not bags - their accessories are priced decently and the quality for the most part is good but the bag prices have gotten insane for the quality and design.

contact us.

Sincerely,

Nicky

:roflmfao: Lovely canned response which answered nothing!!

I totally agree with you...the Sabrina is harder to make, and yes, the $800 price tag is also too stiff IMO...but I sure don't get the price jump for the Julianne. The inlaid julianne was hanging in the store. I didn't try it on because I knew I wasn't going to buy it, and it was above my head, so I feared disaster should I try to get it down. :P I'm pretty sure it was the regular size though. The large leather was sitting on a shelf and was noticeably enormous in comparison!! I actually think the Julianne is a nice size bag in the regular size, and $458 is reasonable. I can see perhaps some increase for the inlaid, but it affects me the same way as the braided Zoe..the jump is too large and just not worth it. At outlet prices, though, I would consider it for the Sabrina, but I'm still not sure about the Julianne unless it was marked further off.

^^I couldn't agree more! Even with the Inlaid OpArt the bump from Sabrina to Julianne (both Large size from what I understand) is less ($400) than the bump from Reg. Julianne to Lg. Juliane ($440) - it's nuts! It's like someone just slapped prices on these bags with no thought other than how much can we get people to pay for these! The difference from Reg. to Lg. Sabrina is $150 and the difference from Reg. to Lg. Julianne is $440???

The Lg. Sabrina in regular leather is $498 - the inlaid is $798 --- the Lg. Julianne in regular leather is $898 and the Inlaid is $1200 -- it's like they priced the Lg. leather Julianne super high so the markup to the Inlaid would be the same ($302) as it is for the Sabrina ($300)!!

Oh, and big surprise here--- no one from Coach corporate ever bothered to call me back!