Julia Rose Boston - beware a negative experience!

noura254

Aug 31, 2010
I wanted to share my very negative experience with Julia Rose Boston as I have seen several people recommend her and personally followed her based on recs from friends and some bloggers. I was looking specifically for a Chanel jumbo caviar and emailed them with my request. They replied they had one and sent me link for purchase. I was so excited and immediately made purchase and payment. 30mins later I get an email that they are cancelling my payment and refunding me because they have increased the price by 20%. And if I wanted I could repurchase it at the new price with 20% off. Mind you they literally had just sent me the link and I already made the purchase!! Incredibly unprofessional and I honestly felt scammed.
I explained to Julia my perspective and then she offered to increase price by 10% - I was furious but accepted the offer because I had trying to find that particular bag for a while. After I accepted the offer she stopped replying!! Seriously what kind of business does that? Clearly she found another buyer to pay more and decided she can just undo my purchase!

How disappointing. I started following Julia Rose on a friend's recommendation, but find that many of their bags sell so quickly (nearly instantly) after the stories are published.

As an aside, it bugs me that their stories are full of grammatical typos and their use of the phrase "on curves". Like how do you determine who's curvy and who isn't? Just list the damn length of the strap, all bodies are different.

I also just had a very negative experience with her. I had been on the hunt for a Chanel Deauville tote for a while and saw one on July 11 from Julia Rose. I instantly purchased it and paid for it. After 10 days, I hadn't heard anything and the order still said processing (although my credit card was charged in full). I emailed and no response. Finally, after 2 weeks since the purchase, I sent a note via Instagram asking for an update. I got a reply that they would check on it. After that it became VERY shady. They would respond intermittently and only offered a refund after I told them how disappointed I was. They apologized and said it the stock was marked incorrectly but would send me the other Deauville totes that were available. They sent me photos of 7 bags, including the exact one I had purchased!! I said I was confused and asked what was going on and then they got defensive, saying it showed up because my order had been cancelled (which was false bc I had never cancelled it). Anyway, they ended up saying they refunded me so let's hope they actually did. Buyer beware...I think something very odd is going on with how they are processing orders and would not trust them. Maybe it's something that's too good to be true?!

I’m having a negative experience right now trying to sell a bag and not sure what to do. I sent her my Chloe Nile over a month ago now and the communication has been horrible. I’m constantly having to email and ask for updates to know if my bag has been received, processed, and posted. I’ve been given so many incorrect updates. I was told my bag would be posted the same day it was unboxed and it never was. Then I was told it would be posted that upcoming Friday and it never was. Then I was told it was posted the following week and would be posted again during a Thursday Chloe bag roundup. I watched her stories that day and a roundup was not done nor did I see my bag. I don’t think it’s ever been posted because I check her stories daily and have never seen it. It’s very frustrating because I could be trying to sell it on my own but trusted her to post it for me so I could get exposure to her followers. Now I don’t know if I should keep following up or have the bag sent back to me. It doesn’t seem like she has any interest in actually selling my item.

Last edited:
I’m having a negative experience right now trying to sell a bag and not sure what to do. I sent her my Chloe Nile over a month ago now and the communication has been horrible. I’m constantly having to email and ask for updates to know if my bag has been received, processed, and posted. I’ve been given so many incorrect updates . I was told my bag would be posted the same day it was unboxed and it never was. Then I was told it would be posted that upcoming Friday and it never was. Then I was told it was posted the following week and would be posted again during a Thursday Chloe bag roundup. I watched her stories that day and. I roundup was done nor did I see my bag. I don’t think it’s ever been posted because I check her stories on the daily and have never seen it. It’s very frustrating because I could be trying to sell it on my own but trusted her to post it for me so I could get exposure to her followers. Now I don’t know if I should keep following up or have the bag sent back to me. It doesn’t seem like she has any interest in actually selling my item.
Same except my stuff been there for months

• Angry
Reactions: A bottle of Red
I want to provide an update - after my issue happened. I communicated with Julia and shared what happened and that it was not acceptable to change pricing after I was charged. She was understanding and apologetic. They did change the price but agreed to only increase by 7% vs 20% and to take no commission themselves on the bag. I agreed because I really wanted the bag and was following them for a long time to land this sought after beige Chanel jumbo double flap. When I received the bag it was beautiful and perfectly as described. Just wanted to share the update so that I have shared the full experience.

@Litsa I noticed she posted a Chole Nile today in her stories —is that one yours? Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies. I was toying with the idea of reaching out to her to sell an LV bag I purchased on a whim a couple of months ago and have barely used but your experiences are giving me pause. Not responding to clients is no way to run a business and I hope you all get clarity soon from her or your bags back ASAP!

Reactions: lulu212121
@Litsa I noticed she posted a Chole Nile today in her stories —is that one yours? Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies. I was toying with the idea of reaching out to her to sell an LV bag I purchased on a whim a couple of months ago and have barely used but your experiences are giving me pause. Not responding to clients is no way to run a business and I hope you all get clarity soon from her or your bags back ASAP!
Waiting months for a bag to be posted is ridiculous! Totally unacceptable.. and then to just ignore all my messages. There's plenty of resellers that I could of sent my bag to. Now she wasted 6 months of my time

Save the hassle! Look for another reseller that's more responsive. I think she only has a selected few that she'll care to reply to.

Reactions: giligy
Agreed! Getting a couple of quotes now from Fashionphile and Yoogi's Closet. After reading through these experiences from both sellers and buyers, I've unfollowed Julia Rose Boston all together!
I wish I can unfollow but I have to wait until I get my bag back. And her fees are high from I heard. She'll tell you she paid PayPal fees, shipping fees etc. But do we really know if she takes zelle and pay no fees while telling us consignors that she paid 3% PayPal

I'm truly sorry for your experience with her. It's completely unacceptable especially when she has your luxury bag in her possession!

At this point, it's clear that she has shady practices and I'm not sure consignors nor buyers get the truth. Wishing you a speedy process to get your bag back and I will definitely share these stories with my friends because none of this is okay!