Juicy Bag Hags favoring Hermes

attachment.php

Attachments

• instyle%20009.JPG
    instyle%20009.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 169
How about the fact that they make their JC bags for an entirely different age group than they are themselves? - don't know much about JC, but most of the things I've seen from them are bright pink and a lot of velvet - and I immediately think 'teenager', not women in their 40's!

I saw that article a while back and noticed what was said about the Birkin bags. Obviously it wasn't the smartest thing they've said from a business standpoint.

It's not realistic to think millionaires would only use $300 - $400 bags, even if they are their own bags, but they could have been more subtle about it. I notice the article does mention they wear a lot of their own brand clothing, so I'm wondering if they inadvertently left out mention of the bags they do use.

i don't think it's bad for business. their demographic isn't about to run out and attempt to buy a birkin, nor would they probably want to.

the standard harper's bazaar reader isn't a hardcore juicy client, but in the article pamela skaist-levy does a brilliant job of showing how juicy is easy to integrate into your wardrobe, even if you do carry a birk and wear manolos. i think it was rather genius.

^I agree with that. I carry my Hermes clutch with my Juicy tracksuits all the time. Just like I carry LV, etc. with my tracksuits. It's brilliant.

Last edited:
Pam & Gela no longer own Juicy Couture - Liz Claiborne does.

They designed the Couture Couture line to appeal to those who feel that they are too old for Juicy Couture and to reflect their maturing taste in clothing, which is something that everyone goes though.

I don't see anything wrong with them using other designer purses. I would not expect them or any designer to stick to their own brand. Plus, they have promoted Juicy Couture well enough IMO. I get an email from them telling me "Eat, Dream, Spend Juicy" etc all the time..lol
I'm glad they came up with a more mature line =] I need to check it out.