Judith Ripka bags on QVC.com look "inspired"...

imho if you want to be taken seriously as a designer, you need to be original.. not copy others! i agree with everyone they look very inspired and it's definitely not something a designer should be doing if they want to be taken seriously...
I look at the bags on QVC and think "sell out" ...

It's one thing if WalMart or F21 does inspired merchandise.. but I agree.. someone who calls themselves a "designer" should have their own vision and point of view.

It's not a matter of carrying a bag for people to envy me.

I think if you are calling yourself a designer, it means that you are creative enough to come up with your own unique brand/design. I have a bit of Judith Ripka jewelry so I was surprised to see that she had bags and even more disappointed to see that they were not unique designs.

I thought she had retired and other people designed for the label now?

Either way, I don't have a problem with inspired bags. There are only so many styles, and to be honest I don't even think the QVC selection resembles anything else all that much, except for Speedy-esque one. But almost every designer has their own version of that.

It's one thing if WalMart or F21 does inspired merchandise.. but I agree.. someone who calls themselves a "designer" should have their own vision and point of view.
I also think that if a person wants inspired items, they would probably go to a place like F21 and pay less than $50 rather then pay $200+ for one of these bags.

I don't think any of the bags look enough like any designers bags to be classed as 'inspired' by.... the only one to me that looks remotely like anything else is the python hobo bag which reminds me of a Michael kors.