Juste Un Clou JUC Bracelet Sizing thread

Here's how the 16 sticks out and spins to the side - I find myself adjusting it quite a bit or pushing it back completely.

View attachment 4849799 View attachment 4849800 View attachment 4849802 View attachment 4849803 View attachment 4849804

I have to tilt it slightly to keep it from sticking out and spinning to the side:
View attachment 4849801

Thinking of going back and trying the 15 again... this is hard work!! :biggrin:
The second last pic looks really big.
Good luck and keep us posted again!

I am 14.5 with a wrist bone, I fit both 15 and 16 juc but opted for 16. I find the 15 not as comfortable when it hits my bone. mine shifts to the side just like yours (doesn't turn all the way around on it's own unless I force it), I also adjust it from time to time but it doesn't bother me. I prefer the looser look and feel. Like many people here, we're between sizes, but I will always opt for a bracelet I can grow into rather grow out of (not that I'm growing much). I was once told by a former executive, majority of the sa's are trained to sell the more fitted sizes on the bracelets, due to liability reasons. As much as they don't want to admit it, it's a well known issue with bracelet stacking and that causes screws to loosen. So, rather than deal with many customers with complaints, to counter that is to recommend more fitted bracelets to lessen the likelihood of it happening. Choose what you want, not what the sa's push, they aren't wearing it, you have to be comfortable and happy at the end of the day.

I am 14.5 with a wrist bone, I fit both 15 and 16 juc but opted for 16. I find the 15 not as comfortable when it hits my bone. mine shifts to the side just like yours (doesn't turn all the way around on it's own unless I force it), I also adjust it from time to time but it doesn't bother me. I prefer the looser look and feel. Like many people here, we're between sizes, but I will always opt for a bracelet I can grow into rather grow out of (not that I'm growing much). I was once told by a former executive, majority of the sa's are trained to sell the more fitted sizes on the bracelets, due to liability reasons. As much as they don't want to admit it, it's a well known issue with bracelet stacking and that causes screws to loosen. So, rather than deal with many customers with complaints, to counter that is to recommend more fitted bracelets to lessen the likelihood of it happening. Choose what you want, not what the sa's push, they aren't wearing it, you have to be comfortable and happy at the end of the day.

Each time I think about exchanging it back for the 15, I remind myself that there's a reason I exchanged it in the first place, and I don't think my wrist/ forearm will get any smaller even if I lose weight. The thing is 15 didn't feel tight at the wrist bone at all, but yes, I could feel it was on. The sides were always touching my arm and the nailhead left a mark on top of the arm. It looked nice though and felt fine indoors, but if I were to wear it outdoors, I don't know if it would feel comfortable.
I also like the looser look and feel, but not too loose. Also, I don't really stack much, so the lock/screw won't be an issue.
With the 16, it moves entirely to one side, but does not turn completely around on its own. I just have to push it slightly for it to turn around around completely.
I guess I need to go back to the boutique once more and give it a final shot. I really want to be done with the decision-making so I can finally enjoy my new bracelet!

I agree in every aspect!!! Well explained

Here's how the 16 sticks out and spins to the side - I find myself adjusting it quite a bit or pushing it back completely.

View attachment 4849799 View attachment 4849800 View attachment 4849802 View attachment 4849803 View attachment 4849804

I have to tilt it slightly to keep it from sticking out and spinning to the side:
View attachment 4849801

Thinking of going back and trying the 15 again... this is hard work!! :biggrin:
oops I just saw theses picture
15 is the right size for you
I think!!

If I'm reading this thread right, you don't have a Love bracelet right? Since you are in such a dilemma and stated that eventually you may want a Love to stack, perhaps you should go try on the Love bracelet in sizes 16 and 17 and see which one you prefer and work backwards.

If you prefer the Love in 16, go for the JUC in size 15.
If you prefer the Love in 17, go for the JUC in size 16.

I always find it is easier to work backwards in finding the right size for the Love first, then downsizing for the JUC.

Good Luck!

Honestly, I am new to Cartier so take what I say with a grain (lump) of salt, but the way it feels above all is most important to me. When I see my SA we try different sizes but she never pushes me towards a size (I find it so odd that some SAs will not even let their clients try on certain sizes because it doesn’t match up with the guidelines) and just asks me to move around the room and see if I feel comfortable. Truthfully I don’t even know the exact size of my wrist (it’s approximately 14.5) but I do know that my love fits very very comfortably. Feel like sizing the JUC is a little harder so just go with what you find easiest!! I agree with @Chaton that working backwards if you want to get the love one day is a great idea.

If I'm reading this thread right, you don't have a Love bracelet right? Since you are in such a dilemma and stated that eventually you may want a Love to stack, perhaps you should go try on the Love bracelet in sizes 16 and 17 and see which one you prefer and work backwards.

If you prefer the Love in 16, go for the JUC in size 15.
If you prefer the Love in 17, go for the JUC in size 16.

I always find it is easier to work backwards in finding the right size for the Love first, then downsizing for the JUC.

Good Luck!
I did think about this. I used to have a love bracelet in size 16 and it was a good fit. I don't have it anymore though. I tried the thin love in 17 and it felt too big. I still have to try the regular love in 17. I feel the thinner love bracelet looks better in 16 on me. I doubt I will get the regular love again.

Honestly, I am new to Cartier so take what I say with a grain (lump) of salt, but the way it feels above all is most important to me. When I see my SA we try different sizes but she never pushes me towards a size (I find it so odd that some SAs will not even let their clients try on certain sizes because it doesn’t match up with the guidelines) and just asks me to move around the room and see if I feel comfortable. Truthfully I don’t even know the exact size of my wrist (it’s approximately 14.5) but I do know that my love fits very very comfortably. Feel like sizing the JUC is a little harder so just go with what you find easiest!! I agree with @Chaton that working backwards if you want to get the love one day is a great idea.

That's true. Both sizes feel fine but of course the look is completely different. I will go back and try 15 again. Strangely both the SAs I met with were so strong with their recommendation for 15. I had to almost force one to exchange it for the 16! haha
I didn't know my wrist measurements either till I bought the 15 and started wondering if I should have gone with 16... JUC sizing is tricky indeed!

Reactions: Model T