JUC juste en clou

OlyUK

Apr 25, 2017
Has anyone seen or tried the new locking mechanism on the JUC? I have the chance to get the old (apparently) more secure locking mechanism, that is harder to get off, but maybe be better to have. thanks.

Reactions: hiri
I have seen the new locking system for JUC! It doesn't seem to be secure as the old locking system! Although, this new locking system was always on the full pave diamond JUC from what the manager told me. So if it was on the pave diamond JUC, it should be secure hold. IMO

I have the old lock mechanism and was thinking about getting a juc with the new lock. I've now gotten used to taking the older one on and off though and I do feel it's much more secure. I'm having second thoughts about the new lock. But as @CartierLVer pointed out above the new lock has always been on the pave juc so it must still be pretty secure somehow.

Reactions: uhpharm01
I had some time off today so I went in to get a new cord for my trinity bracelet and I asked the lady who was there about the new locking system on the juste un clou and she said the old one is more secure. I asked if the one I have has the new or old locking system and she said I have the old one ( I bought mine almost two weeks ago) so I feel lucky!

If she said the old one is more secure then something is off with the new one....

I had some time off today so I went in to get a new cord for my trinity bracelet and I asked the lady who was there about the new locking system on the juste un clou and she said the old one is more secure. I asked if the one I have has the new or old locking system and she said I have the old one ( I bought mine almost two weeks ago) so I feel lucky!

If she said the old one is more secure then something is off with the new one....
Wow. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: hiri
Oh wow. Smh. I don't understand why would Cartier change this now

My SA said people were complaining that it was really difficult to take on and off. I can take mine off fine now but I still can't put it on myself. DH has to help. I wear mine 24/7 so it's not like I need to remove it much. But for those who don't wear it all the time I could see why it would be a bit annoying having such a difficult time taking it on and off. I still prefer the old lock mechanism though.

Reactions: hiri and uhpharm01
My SA said people were complaining that it was really difficult to take on and off. I can take mine off fine now but I still can't put it on myself. DH has to help. I wear mine 24/7 so it's not like I need to remove it much. But for those who don't wear it all the time I could see why it would be a bit annoying having such a difficult time taking it on and off. I still prefer the old lock mechanism though.

This is true. I had to take it off when going through security at the airport because they asked for it and i had a hard time putting it back on. However, it's all practice, now i can take it off and put it back on with no issues. It gets easier with practice.

After e-mailing Cartier, I just received a response that reads in part "there has been no modification to the mechanism that locks the JUC bracelet". Although I didn't request it, Cartier also sent me info for the rose gold JUC such as the reference number, weight, sizing and current US price. I was thinking of ordering the white gold from the e store, but now think I'll wait until I can go into boutique and see the bracelet in person. I want to feel secure about the locking mechanism.

After e-mailing Cartier, I just received a response that reads in part "there has been no modification to the mechanism that locks the JUC bracelet". Although I didn't request it, Cartier also sent me info for the rose gold JUC such as the reference number, weight, sizing and current US price. I was thinking of ordering the white gold from the e store, but now think I'll wait until I can go into boutique and see the bracelet in person. I want to feel secure about the locking mechanism.

The online staff is absolutely useless! They know nothing! SMH

Reactions: baghagg