JUC earrings (bigger hoops)

Lexgal

O.G.
May 26, 2010
I just purchased the JUC large hoop earrings in pink gold. I’ve never had PG before but I’ve noticed that they are turning my ears black where they are piearced. Has anyone encountered this? My WG love hoops don’t do this and I have the YG love earrings that are fine. It seems like it is something in the PG.

Reactions: marzipanchen
I just purchased the JUC large hoop earrings in pink gold. I’ve never had PG before but I’ve noticed that they are turning my ears black where they are piearced. Has anyone encountered this? My WG love hoops don’t do this and I have the YG love earrings that are fine. It seems like it is something in the PG.

I think you might want to do a search on the cartier forum on "oxidation" to see if it is a problem with other people with cartier RG pieces.

Hello, I have the mini Love earrings in Rose Gold. They have a solid back. Since I purchased them, green/ black rust-like material is coming out of the back and tainting my earhole, as well as the clasp itself. The rust is coming from the hole as well as from the metal parts of the clasp. Is this what you are experiencing?

If yes, I have been to Cartier 2 times about this issue. Both times, unfortunately, they just told me to clean them better. The second time an SA told me that this is a known problem with RG earrings.

I did notice if you take them out when you shower and at night they do not oxidate that much..

There is more copper in rose gold (hence the colour) and it is reacting with your skin. Sometimes it can mean you are anemic - more dark leafy greens! (And a coating of nail polish on the stems unless you want to return them for a different gold)
Thanks for this suggestion. Where would you put the nail polish? Inside the stems or just paint them all around?

Paint any part that touches your ears. And it will wear off so you will have to redo it periodically. They have little sleeves for this purpose as well but they make the posts too thick for my holes.

Hi everyone! I've seen threads on the smaller JUC earrings, but wanted to get your thoughts on this larger (40 mm) size
  • if you have it, how do you like it?
  • does it come in yellow gold in this larger size?
  • was there once a 'medium' size available between this and the small? I saw this pic (attached) and it looks like a middle size but maybe it's just the angle...
Would love to hear what you think of it!

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 12.20.48 PM.png

Chic-New-Ways-to-Break-Fashion-Rules-Cartier.jpg