JPG Exhibition

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. For anyone in the UK, there is a JPG exhibition at the Barbican Apr 9 - Aug 25 called 'The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier, From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk'.

2. It just left New York and it was fabulous! I highly recommend it! There are a few pieces from his Hermes years included.

3. Saw this exhibition in Montreal where it first started. Went back five times. The presentation was amazing. Highly recommend it to anyone interested in fashion. Fascinating to see how JPG develops themes in his designs over many years.

Was so sad to see the end of his relationship with Hermes. JP certainly grew a lot during the partnership.

Hermes aquired a substantial percentage of Gaultier's business, never heard what happened to that side of the relationship. Anyone know?

4. Thanks for the head's up! I think he's credited for designing the Jypsiere, my latest obsession. Looking forward to checking it out.

5. #5 Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Yes he did. Still trying to get my own Jypserie. Looking for a 31in swift. Gaultier also designed the Kelly Danse which I have & love dearly.

6. Pleased to hear it is worth a visit and some of his H stuff is included. I like what he did during his time at H and feel that it's all a bit meh now.

7. From today's Times, pic credit Matthew Lloyd / Getty Images. Looks like JPG is wearing a Cape Cod DT and mannequin has a houndstooth Kelly.

Attached Files:

8. Thanks for the heads-up. Sounds like an exhibition worth making the time to visit.

9. I saw it in New York. I've never seen anything like it. Don't miss it!

10. I saw the exhibition in Stockholm last year, it's highly recommended.

11. Went today, what a fantastic exhibition - loved the mannequins with the talking faces. I thought it was really interesting and the workmanship was amazing. Loved that you could get so close to all the couture exhibits. A must-see imo. There's an app too - search for barbican JPG.

12. cool would love to go !!!!