Joy Boston Question--Please Help!

girlsgottoshop

The Shopping Queen
Jan 5, 2006
Fabulous Las Vegas
Hi gals,
I'm seriously considering buying this bag tomorrow in the medium with the gunmetal trim. Has anyone heard of or had problems with the metallic trim peeling? I want to be sure before I buy. I LOVE the looks of it! Reminds me of my first Gucci that was coated canvas back in the 80's. Thanks in advance!

mzleah

gucci & vuitton
O.G.
Jun 29, 2007
Bay Area, California
I have this same bag in medium with the gunmetal trim and have been using it everyday for the past 3 weeks now. I have not experienced any peeling on the trim. I love this bag...and that's my exact same reasons why I got my bag also. It reminded me of the boston bags in the 80s, which started my love for handbags as a little girl. :smile:

girlsgottoshop

The Shopping Queen
Jan 5, 2006
Fabulous Las Vegas
Thank you so much for responding!!! I'm going to go look at it tonight! I'm sure I'll fall in love....I'm drooling at the pics!!! Glad to hear you've been using it and you haven't had problems.

Jun 3, 2006
Austin, Texas
well mine has not started peeling but if you put too much stain on the straps, the metallic will wrinkle...and this would probably cause peeling after too long...just experiment with the bag and you will see what I am talking about...the display model I saw had this wrinkle problem that looked really bad

EmilyAnne_SD

Blessings all around
Jan 30, 2007
Sunny SoCal
I have this same bag too--it's a pretty sturdy bag, good size, and goes with pretty much everything. It makes a good travel bag for me. I took it with me to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon a few weeks ago and it worked great.

Just a tip though--make sure you check the handles of the bag you purchase. The SA brought out a few for me to look at because the display bag's handles were kind of messed up. The "buttons" or rivets on the handles didn't seem to line up which made a pretty significant gap where the handles were attached to the bag. I don't know if that made sense, but just make sure to check the handles and hardware thoroughly. I'm glad I did!

shyne1025

bumper sticker rules
Oct 23, 2007
NorCal
i have the joy medium tote but not the boston one.. it has gold hardware and gunmetal trim.. i had it for a month and it still is fine.. Im using it as a work bag and I put my mac inside it t:huh:!

girlsgottoshop

The Shopping Queen
Jan 5, 2006
Fabulous Las Vegas
Thanks gals!!! I got it!!! I looked through about 10....LOL....and picked out one with no wrinkles or creases. I think it's a great bag!!! Very stylish and chic! I'm sick of my LV's speedy bags right now....this one just has more pop! I'm excited to use it!!