Josephine Wallet quality

Hi, i want to buy the josephine but heard alot about the button issue... Is it worth the money? How much does it cost to change the button?.. I dont know if i can be done but if i had to exchange it, i would put the brass button instead of the leather one!! What are your toughts on the wallet??

Personally the colored buttons drive me crazy! I had a key holder in Poppy for a handful of months and sold it because I couldn't handle how worn it looked. I have no issues with my bags and SLG's showing wear (of course they will with use) but I prefer the gold buttons because I think the scratches look better on gold over color. As for changing it to gold, I'm not sure if that's possible. Louis Vuitton does not alter their items but I could be wrong with this specific change.

Reactions: lvmk
I had the Josephine and the button didn't give me any problems whatsoever and LV could replace it easily enough...I'm sure that they'd even substitute for an all-metal one if you requested it. The real problem with this wallet though is the canvas cracking at four critical points where it folds.

I've had mine for over a year and a half and the button is fine--no signs of wear. I love this wallet! Perfect for me because I don't carry a ton of cards. Use this considerably more than my other wallets.

I had the Josephine and the button didn't give me any problems whatsoever and LV could replace it easily enough...I'm sure that they'd even substitute for an all-metal one if you requested it. The real problem with this wallet though is the canvas cracking at four critical points where it folds.
As far as I know, they won't substitute one design element from another. I may be wrong but that used to be the case.

I have the Emilie which is pretty smiliar to the josephine. And I can tell the button and the side are a problem. The Wallet is a year old and it should not look like this! Will be Monday at the LV store and talk to them!:sad:

As far as I know, they won't substitute one design element from another. I may be wrong but that used to be the case.
I think it depends on the situation, but in the case of the Josephine it originally came with metal buttons (at least on the DE and DA prints) so it really wouldn't be a massive substitution. My SA and his manager even offered to replace the leather tabs of my Clemence with an all-metal zipper pull when the time came. It seems that as long as you're not trying to make some sort of frankenlouis, and that you have a reasonable explanation for the request, then LV will be somewhat willing to compromise.