Josephine wallet bubble

pursula

Emily
O.G.
Aug 16, 2013
Hi ladies and gents!
Today in the mail I received a damier ebene Josephine wallet from Yoogis. It was listed in like new condition. I would say that's accurate except for one thing- the flap has a big bubble inside. Like when you open it you can press down where it says Louis Vuitton Made in Spain and feel the air pocket. Is this something they all have or is this a defect? Should I send it back?

It's a known issue with the Josephine I read from Minks4all's youtube video. However I agree that it's unacceptable, if it bugs you now, it will keep bugging you every time you use it. Ive learnt it the hard way :sad: wait for the perfect one :smile:

I'm so torn. I have it in the zipper pocket of my NF today just as a sort of "test drive" and I love the way my things fit in there. I love the layout of the wallet. I think I can overlook it, but is it possible it could cause problems in the future? This is from 2015-- but the glazing is in IMMACULATE condition so I'm not really worried about that. Maybe someone had it re glazed, or they literally just never used it.
I knew I shouldn't have put it in my bag, I'm already in love...

What about "bursting" the bubble with a very fine needle?
Great minds think alike! I had thought of that. I read on one of these threads where someone said an SA told them it happens because theres a small hole between the glazing and the canvas somewhere but I'm absolutely sure that isn't it because if it were, then I would be able to flatten it. But it just comes right back up. I can't deny it though, I did think about that. I just don't know if a needle would be sharp enough to get through the canvas, but fine enough to not leave a mark.

Great minds think alike! I had thought of that. I read on one of these threads where someone said an SA told them it happens because theres a small hole between the glazing and the canvas somewhere but I'm absolutely sure that isn't it because if it were, then I would be able to flatten it. But it just comes right back up. I can't deny it though, I did think about that. I just don't know if a needle would be sharp enough to get through the canvas, but fine enough to not leave a mark.

Great you have the same thoughts. I'd go even further and suggest buying a thin syringe and burst the bubble with it while, at the same time, inject some light glue and then lay a heavy book on the 'bump' till it flattens down. What do you think? Would that possibly work?

Great you have the same thoughts. I'd go even further and suggest buying a thin syringe and burst the bubble with it while, at the same time, inject some light glue and then lay a heavy book on the 'bump' till it flattens down. What do you think? Would that possibly work?
You might just be onto something there....I contacted Yoogi's about a possible discount and they have asked me to send pictures, which I did-now just waiting to hear back. I'd love to keep it but a discount would make me feel a lot better. :biggrin:

Yoogi's is so quick. They can either take $50 off the order or they will send me a free UPS shipping label to send it back for a full refund. What would you do?

air bubble? are you talking about the flap not being flat and it looks like the layer are separated? if that's the case both of my DE and Epi eventually did that over time. it doesn't bother me a bit. I would take the discount and keep the wallet if it really works for you.

air bubble? are you talking about the flap not being flat and it looks like the layer are separated? if that's the case both of my DE and Epi eventually did that over time. it doesn't bother me a bit. I would take the discount and keep the wallet if it really works for you.
Thank you! That does make me feel better. And that's what I mean. Like you can press down on it and then it comes back up. Like an air pocket.

Attachments

• IMG_0772.JPG
    IMG_0772.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 400
Thank you! That does make me feel better. And that's what I mean. Like you can press down on it and then it comes back up. Like an air pocket.
yup, that's exactly how mine look. when I first brought the wallet, it didn't have that "air bubble" but after 6 months or so, from opening and closing the flap..it form. it haven't gotten worst, it's there and I can live with it.