Josephine owners

asbb

in denial
O.G.
Jul 29, 2007
I think this is the bag I want. I can't decide on the strap. I love the look of the chains and the flat braid. What stays on the shoulder better?

Looking back, do you wish you'd done something different with your Josephine?

Once I get the handle down I'll need help choosing a leather as well.

Thanks ladies!

I got the chain straps on mine and I'm happy with it. I don't have a problem with it falling off my shoulders. Then again, I don't have one with the flat braid so I can't really say which one will stay on better. I guess it also depends on what hardware you like because I think the chains are only available in silver.

What colour were you looking at? There are sooo many options!

Hi! I got the standard rounded braiding, and I am happy with it. newbaglover and elizat got the flat braid, so perhaps tomorrow they will chime in.

There is a new Josephine Max which is bigger, and the construction is not as flat, but it has a bit of a bottom to it.

Josephine tinted chocolate, plain braided strap. The strap is very comfy, it is not wide, just a hint wider than the rolled handle.

Josephine_Front.jpg

Josephine_Perspective.jpg

Josephine_Strap.jpg

The flat braided strap is fine, however, I do wish it felt a bit thicker, if that makes sense. It's not a thick as a rolled handle and while I think it will be fine for durability, I just wish it felt more substantial. That is just my personal preference though.

Thanks ladies. I think I'm more drawn to the flat braid or chain handles because the rolled handle looks so stiff.

I'm a little overwhelmed by all the leather choices, but I think I want something tinted, either in chocolate or blue probably.

I'm still not sure whether I can swing this by the end of this week but I'm working on it! :smile:

I would recommend tinted blue, is a dark blue that goes great with jeans, and it is very glossy. I am in love this this leather now!

No pressure, 35% off if you make it this week is a nice plus, but you have to be sure is your ideal bag!

Thanks ladies. I think I'm more drawn to the flat braid or chain handles because the rolled handle looks so stiff.

I'm a little overwhelmed by all the leather choices, but I think I want something tinted, either in chocolate or blue probably.

I'm still not sure whether I can swing this by the end of this week but I'm working on it! :smile:

newbaglover is very wise. But, hey, I think you can do it...we are rooting for you, asbb!!

Sounds like you want something just like NBL has....here are the other leather choices, including ones that aren't tinted but sound similar just not as glossy. They include a muted cobalt blue. I'm thinking about these leather types, too, which is why I'm posting this.

Same type of leather as the tinted leathers: soft, smooth, glossy
Acqua 735

Soft Maize 732
Light Whiskey 124
Sunflower 118

Soft, smooth surface, lightly glossy
Cobalt Blue 726
Burned Orange 733
Mint Green 736
Lipstick Pink 740

JRed - is your strap comfortable? Do you wish the Josephine was larger? (I know the large size is available now but the regular looks good to me in modeling photos.)

NBL & Elizat, or anyone else with a flat braid - is there a photo somewhere of you wearing yours?

Euridice
- thank you for the list. I can't keep all the leathers straight in my head. The reason I like the tinted so far is based solely on the photos I've seen of them in other colors. I am also intrigued by the light whiskey and mint green.

Does anyone know what the warm pewter (186) & glossy ink blue (731) are like?

lol! I have a swatch of the pewter. I could send it to you...wait, are you in the USA, I can't keep up with everyone. ANyway, I'm lol'ing because No Cute will regale you with the best and most specific information, and I know she has posted on pewter possibilities before!!!!

Go to my thread on help!! leathers!! (two keywords to look for) for a discussion with tlloveshim concerning the ink blue.

Lovin' the pewter, that's me. Do you see the wonder of the pewter now that you have your swatch, Euridice? ;)

The acqua is a TINTED leather? NO. WAY! Teal-ish and passed the MM quality control testing tests? WOWZA...I see a future bag in this leather, for sure.

How would the glossy ink blue or the pewter do in the Josephine?

I am in the US, but I am hoping to get this figured out by Thurs. I will lyk if I still need a swatch after that point. Thank you!