Joni Mitchell gershwin prize

yes, she is so talented
I thought back in the day her illness was supposedly mysterious...now they are saying she had a brain aneurysm...maybe she wanted privacy? or maybe I'm remembering wrong

I don’t remember the illness. I thought she moved out of the limelight because she just got tired of not being recognized in the way that she should have been. I always thought she wasn’t given the credit she deserved.
When you’re younger, your creative energies can really propel you, but as a decades roll-on, it’s important to get encouragement and recognition to help stoke the fire.
I think most female artists of all kinds finally get the kind of recognition they deserve about two weeks before they die.

Kind of kidding, as I don’t believe Joni Mitchell is getting ready to die. But it’s kinda true.

I don’t remember the illness. I thought she moved out of the limelight because she just got tired of not being recognized in the way that she should have been. I always thought she wasn’t given the credit she deserved.
When you’re younger, your creative energies can really propel you, but as a decades roll-on, it’s important to get encouragement and recognition to help stoke the fire.
I think most female artists of all kinds finally get the kind of recognition they deserve about two weeks before they die.

Kind of kidding, as I don’t believe Joni Mitchell is getting ready to die. But it’s kinda true.
I don't know when she's going to die but she is getting up there in age and has had some serious health issues. good that she's getting this recognition. she was certainly very well respected in the music community. I was listening to an interview with david crosby. he said others like him would work and work on a song and then sing it for their friends. joni would pop up with something she had just created the same day and it was brilliant.
I always thought it was sad about the daughter she gave up for adoption and for whom she wrote Little Green.

She is 79 years young & still fabulous.. Red nails, red lips & a red hot voice
Brava to her!! & the tributes were beautiful & heart warming
I was disappointed A Case of You wasn't performed by Diana Krall as she does it so beautifully. but I guess the song was written about her relationship with graham nash so makes sense he sung it

Just watched this…I couldn’t help but cry during most of it. Joni Mitchell was a big part of my youth…I can’t help becoming nostalgic listening to her songs. I was particularly happy to see her perform so beautifully…I remember when she had her stroke, and it was doubtful that she would recover…so glad she seems to be doing well.

Reactions: sdkitty
Just watched this…I couldn’t help but cry during most of it. Joni Mitchell was a big part of my youth…I can’t help becoming nostalgic listening to her songs. I was particularly happy to see her perform so beautifully…I remember when she had her stroke, and it was doubtful that she would recover…so glad she seems to be doing well.
I was impressed with how good she sounded - but her voice is lower now, right?