Jomashop - arrrrgh!

Sorry for being sort of off topic, but I just got off the phone and needed to vent and add an arrrrgh for BlueFly customer service too... not as bad as jburgh's Jomashop experience but still frustrating.

So, I received a "thank you for your business" 10% off code when I bought my old petra flap satchel - but when I went to use it last night (for a small bianco wallet) it told me that the code had expired, notwithstanding that the code itself says it expires on April 15. I didn't want to lose out on the wallet so I bought it anyway, but then I called BlueFly when their CS was open today just to find out why the code they sent me didn't work... The operator I spoke to basically said that they must have made an error when they were sending out the code, so sorry, but since it is no longer valid it is just my tough luck. I asked if I could get a replacement code that does work and she said no! Then she ends with a "Thank you for calling BlueFly" in a really annoying and chirpy voice. Arrrgh!

What a pain! I had a similar problem when I tried to use a valid code ordering on line. When I called and explained what happened the CS person said sometimes their system has hiccups. Their hiccups are giving us indigestion!

What a pain! I had a similar problem when I tried to use a valid code ordering on line. When I called and explained what happened the CS person said sometimes their system has hiccups. Their hiccups are giving us indigestion!

Oh, and I forgot to mention the best part - at one point the CS person mentioned that there were some invalid BlueFly codes circulating because of April Fool's Day and maybe that was the problem... all this after I had carefully explained that BlueFly itself had SENT me this code WITH my last purchase from them! At that point I gave up any hope of ever seeing that 10%!!

Oh, and I forgot to mention the best part - at one point the CS person mentioned that there were some invalid BlueFly codes circulating because of April Fool's Day and maybe that was the problem... all this after I had carefully explained that BlueFly itself had SENT me this code WITH my last purchase from them! At that point I gave up any hope of ever seeing that 10%!!

OK - now my blood pressure is up. To say it was an April Fools joke, even in jest, is so rude. I would get back on the phone and ask to speak to a supervisor and don't take no for an answer. The same thing happened to me and I was able to get a supervisor to take the 10% off (actually it came over as a credit to my CC). They must be held accountable. Talk about ARRRRGH! :cursing: So sorry that happened to you.

I'd heard of Jomashop for watches, but didn't know they were doing bags. Sorry for your experience. I have to say I've been really happy with Bluefly, good prices and no problems with the pieces.