Joined the Sofia club: first premier bag, first Feragamo (revealed)

Thanks guys!

I thought I'd post a longer review, now that I have been using it for a week and a half.

Some lifestyle notes:
I commute via transit and walk for 15-20 minutes on both ends. I work in a super casual work environment, I am the most dressed up person most days (and you saw a fairly normal outfit for me above). I planned to use this bag as my "most occasions" bag: work and weekend if I need a bigger bag. Some days I am lazy of course and use a smaller bag.

The commute test (bus/train portion):
We need to "tag in" to the bus to pay the fare. I keep my transit card in a coach mini skinny which serves as my wallet on a minimal day. Bags I like have an easy place to grab it quickly and put it back without holding the line up. I also need a free hand in case it is the coach style bus that has a huge step if the driver isn't close to the curb. And like most of us, I zone out on my phone while waiting for the bus. So I need to be able to put my phone away quickly when the bus comes. Do not always have a pocket on my coat or sweater.

I love the back pocket, which I am using for my phone. And those gum wrappers I need to remember to throw away quickly. :smile: I am using the front slip pocket for my mini skinny ID case. I have rarely kept my purse zipped. I find the guanine clasp feels secure, and happily is super easy to open when the bad is on my shoulder, cross bodied or handheld. Transit test passed with flying colors.

The commute test (walk to the office):
I have a bit of a hike to get to my office. And I am indecisive. Sometimes I need handheld. Sometimes I want shoulder. The walk is uphill, and I am usually cold at first and get hot on the way! I usually bring a scarf, and do not like to carry it as I am walking. My sofia seems to easily hold my scarf no matter what I have crammed in there. And the clasp closure is pretty easy to open, so I can quickly stuff my scarf in and keep on going. The wide strap is comfy in shoulder and cross body mode and stays up. Almost every attempt to put my scarf in works pretty well, and my bag has stayed closed most of the time. As long as my kindle and notebook stay straight.
Commute test: passed with minor reservations.

Daily essentials test:
Every purse fails if it can't hold your stuff! The internal layout of this purse necessitated a few minor changes to process for me to think about. I like to keep those pads and tampons in a zipper pocket in every purse. Works great, except when you forget to refill. :P No internal pocket meant I should rethink. And luckily I was sick of my cosemetic pouch where I put the lotion, lip balm, nail file, etc in. I found a new one le pliage one from longchamp in a great color on clearance. And it is spacious enough to hold all sorts of stuff without hogging my whole purse. And I got a few new pouches. Also looking for a few new accessories. Once that is sorted I will post a new pic. Happily, the bag isn't too heavy with my stuff. I can fit pretty much everything with some wise choices. (swell water bottle and scarf are a no. One or the other is fine). All in all, a great practical size. Essentials test: passed with flying colors.

Bike test:
The last test! I ride my bike, mostly on the weekends for errands and around town (happy hour, brunch, shopping if I don't have a ton to carry). So basically my purse needs to fit in my basket. Stay straight without flying out over bumps and potholes. Oh and be hands free when I need to park or carry it up the stairs. It worked great and someone even commented that my bag was the perfect bike purse and looked super cute in the basket. Bike test passed!

All in all I am really happy. And the bag did the other critical job! I stopped shopping for a new black bag! This works really well. :smile:

I could potentially want one more bag to finish my collection, but honestly I am pretty set! Yay! Not that I don't still love bags, but I want to stop feeling like I need to keep shopping for them. :smile:

Reactions: dottiebbb
The Sofia is the perfect choice. I've had mine for over 3 years and it is still my most favorite bag! Thank you for doing such a thorough review. I'm sure those are contemplating this bag will find your review very helpful. Congrats on this beauty and I can see that you are enjoying it!!

I appreciate your thorough and detailed review. Thank you so much for sharing your daily experience with the Sofia. I find your feedback helpful. Enjoy your bag and please share more reviews and photos when you get the chance :smile:

What a great review. I was just looking at this the other day and thought the price was very fair. The size is perfct too. Did you get gold or silver?

I got the gold. It is so funny, a few years ago there is no way I would have wanted gold. Now I love gold hardware. :smile:. And jewelry.

The new purse made me sick of my slgs for my purse. Finally got everything on my list!

In my purse today.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1423550161.962506.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1423550178.295599.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1423550607.129087.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1423550620.979056.jpg

* blue Saturday card holder (to replace my overstuffed Coach mini skinny)
* berry Longchamp cosmetic pouch for the hand cream, lip gloss, lip balm, perfume, feminine products and the like
* pink Neiman Marcus pill case for my vitamins and Advil
* purple Urban Outfitters pouch for my backup charger, headphones and cables
* wool gloves
* comb
* pink and camel card case from etsy for business cards
* forever21 bike journal for the notes on the go
* Otho rollerball pen and pilot pen. Both with blue/black ink. One for me. One for sharing.
* blue and green Mulberry key fob (totally pricey but after spending most of this year looking for a new key fob that was easy to hold I was happy to find something that works
* one of the failed key fobs repurposed as a purse charm: Kate Spade bow key ring

This morning I had my kindle but I left it at work forgetting I plugged it in to charge!

My old accessories got too pink so I branched out! But my pink Prada wallet still holds my heart even if I do not need it and its contents daily!

I was a little worries about the black interior. While it is a little dark, my bright colors and mix of textures make it easy to find stuff. I keep my phone in the rear zip so I can grab and replace quickly.

Hi Jade, Congrats on your Sofia. The Sofia was my first premier designer bag also!! I am so happy for you :happy dance: It looks good on you. This makes us bag twins. Enjoy and congrats!

Oooh I just posted my question in the general chat thread; then I found this. I think I am convinced :smile:

I'm shortlisting the medium Sand, Cocoa and Red (ok not very sure about this red. I need to go try at the boutique ). Does anyone have these color mod shots to share? Thanks very much.

Hi Jade, Congrats on your Sofia. The Sofia was my first premier designer bag also!! I am so happy for you :happy dance: It looks good on you. This makes us bag twins. Enjoy and congrats!

Yay! Bag twins. Thanks. :smile:

Seeing your pics and love for your Sofia makes me want to take mine out. Yours doesn't look slouchy and has great structure. Great bag

Do it! It is surprisingly practical in addition to pretty. I haven't seen one on the street yet.

great detailed review of your new bag! i thoroughly enjoyed reading it. enjoy your pretty new bag and wear her in good health!

Thanks! :smile:

Oooh I just posted my question in the general chat thread; then I found this. I think I am convinced :smile:

I'm shortlisting the medium Sand, Cocoa and Red (ok not very sure about this red. I need to go try at the boutique ). Does anyone have these color mod shots to share? Thanks very much.

I highly recommend it. The medium is a great size and fits basically everything but my laptop. :biggrin:

I was just looking at those. It seems a fair price for a premium bag. It might have to be my next bag. Thanks for the review. Your purse is gorgeous.

Thanks! I was scoping other "premium" bags and some do not feel premium at all. The more i looked, the more it felt like a steal.