Review Joico Daily Care Detangler

lovemysavior

Acting My Wage
O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
Ok, here is my opinion of this product. I have natural wavy hair and have been looking for a product that I can put in my hair so that I can wear it naturally without having to straighten it or curl it some more. Anyway, I'm posting this as a Rave more than a Rant because I like the way it left my hair feeling. It did do it's purspose of detangling. I had no problems combing a wide tooth comb through my hair after I sprayed it to towel-dried hair. It didn't create any tugs in my hair whatsoever. It also has a pleasant scent. Not too strong, but just like a clean scent. I sprayed it in my hair and just let it dry naturally and I really like how it felt. It did not make my hair crispy or sticky at all.

The only rant that I have is that I wish it would've defined my waves a little bit more. It did keep the wave together and didn't make my hair frizzy, but I guess I just wanted a little more boost to the wave. Anyways, here is a pic of my hair wet out of the shower without product, then the second pic is of my hair dry with the product in it. Sorry the second pic was a little grainy. That's the result of my 4 y/o taking my pic.

032410001.jpg

032410002.jpg

I love this stuff!!!

There is almost no smell at all----and whatever smell there is happens to be really light and clean smelling.

I have extremely fine hair that I highlight just so I can have a little bit of volume, but that means I lose some shine.

Since my hair is too fine to use regular conditioner in the shower, I tried a bottle of this stuff per another TPFers recommendation.

It rocks!!! My hair actually had MORE VOLUME than normal and tons of shine. It's kind of expensive, but in my opinion, worth every penny!!!

I love this stuff!!!

There is almost no smell at all----and whatever smell there is happens to be really light and clean smelling.

I have extremely fine hair that I highlight just so I can have a little bit of volume, but that means I lose some shine.

Since my hair is too fine to use regular conditioner in the shower, I tried a bottle of this stuff per another TPFers recommendation.

It rocks!!! My hair actually had MORE VOLUME than normal and tons of shine. It's kind of expensive, but in my opinion, worth every penny!!!

My friend that is a hairdresser bought this for me and her price at the beauty store was a little over $5.50. It's pays to be a certified hairdresser.

I tried some of the Joico products & at first they worked really well but after a while my hair started breaking off...anyone else experience this?... I used the Kpak line and it contains protein i believe.. i researched it and found out that if you have too much protein in your hair it can damage it.

oh no! Do a clarifying shampoo every other week and use a heavy MOISTURIZING conditioner each shampoo.
Specifically reconstructors are not to be confused w/ conditioners.

thank you for the advice.. do you know any good moisturizing shampoos/conditioners?

Joico has a line called Moisture Recovery (blue bottle). It's a great moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. It also has a balm which is a treatment (not a leave-in) that you can use once or twice a week?

Is it okay to use the K pak shampoo and conditioner on a daily basis? The only think I should not use everyday is the k pak Reconstructor Protein treatment/masks ?

Is it okay to use the K pak shampoo and conditioner on a daily basis? The only think I should not use everyday is the k pak Reconstructor Protein treatment/masks ?

I started using the shampoo every other wash & it made hair really dry and brittle. I wouldn't recommend it. If you look at the ingredients it also contains a bunch of keratin which is protein. Wish I had looked at it earlier because now im still trying to fix my hair from all the protein its built up.