Jan 5, 2017

uhpharm01

Nov 11, 2012
  • Insightful
Reactions: LookGood_FeelGood

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
So apparently the new lawyers are 1st amendment experts. Some commentators were saying it looks like they are not actually going to be challenging the damages or any wrongdoing by judge or jury but going back to the heart of Virgina's defamation clauses and trying to have the whole thing thrown out. which is going to be a ruff go according to @lawandlumber who is a virginia lawyer. It seems Virgina's statutes may be unusual overall to other states, but there is tons of president and he says the original judge (before Judge Penny A) made very detailed opinions as to why the statements could be defamatory under law and why the suit can move forward. He finds it very unlikely they'll successfully argue it. If you want details, I recommend natalielawyerchick's youtube stream from the other day where law and lumber joins her and they go through everything.

• Insightful
Reactions: uhpharm01

uhpharm01

Nov 11, 2012
Just saw this on Reddit lol. So Ambers new lawyer is the same lawyer that TMZ used when eliane filed an emergency hearing to prevent “rando” from testifying. She is literally hiring the people who worked against her lol.

Amber's new lawyers are from the same law firm as the TMZ lawyer was form.

the two new lawyers are David L. Axelrod and Jay Ward Brown and Rottenborn is still on the team

@lallybelle I'll link the video that lallybelle is talking about it's a really good video for anyone is interested in that video. I don't think that Amber's appeal request will be approved but I'm not a lawyer.
Edited to add: yes you're right that Virginia's Defamation by Implication does have a long precedence according to Rob. If anyone is wondering Rob is Law and Lumber.

@pixiejenna David L. Axelrod is friendly with ACLU

Last edited: