John Lewis

Whippet

I want to believe
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
I know that JL mid-season discounting was mentioned recently but just thought I would report that there were mini mabels in black and red at £310.

That was in JL, Watford this pm.

Black Roxanne was £650 ... bit surprised at that.

I saw the red & black mini Mabel in JL in Bristol today too. They also had the maxi in black reduced to £510 but the medium in rose pink was still full price at £650.

I was *this* close to buying the black mini Mabel about 2 hours ago. I've got a £50 John Lewis voucher so it would have brought the price down to £260 but I couldn't work out if I only wanted it because it was reduced :confused1: And I'm not sure how much I'd use it. I'd really only use it for evenings and I don't go out that much at the moment.

They don't seem to be flying off the shelves so I'm going to think about it and see how I feel in a couple of days. It's really cute, though :heart:

ditab, I'm surprised at how much I fit in my mini Mabel. I thought it would be ideal for summer days out and evenings, I've used it quite a few times!!
Mind you mine was £225 from Canopys leather shop in the sale..

ditab, I'm surprised at how much I fit in my mini Mabel. I thought it would be ideal for summer days out and evenings, I've used it quite a few times!!

Yes, I was suprised at how spacious it is inside, too :yes: I think £225 is a far more palatable price :lol:

I agree, £310 is alot to pay for an occassional bag, do you not fancy the Medium one, for a little bit more?

I love how I'm thinking of it as costing £260, as if the £50 voucher isn't real money :lol:

The medium Mabel doesn't work for me; the straps are too short to go over my shoulder - I wouldn't want another arm bag for day time, but it would be too big for evening. I love the large Mabel and that one does fit over my shoulder but I wouldn't want the black as a girl at work has it :rolleyes: the red is really hard to come by and I don't think the large came in midnight, did it?

Plus, I actually don't need (or want) another handbag at the moment. I'm sort of thinking of the mini Mabel as a clutch :yes: But it sounds like I'd be able to get one cheaper than that, anyway. I'm going to Bicester in a few weeks so I should try to sit on my hands until then :lol:

Just had a thought - I wonder if they've got any left... I might be able to get John Lewis to price match :shrugs:

John Lewis are "never knowingly undersold" and will price match any shop (although not an online shop) if you find an item cheaper within 7 days. I think the shop might need to be within a certain distance, though. So I need to find out that; then I need to see if Canopy still have them instock. And if they do, I guess I can go to John Lewis with Canopy's phone number and try to get the pricematch done then and there. If it was £225, with my £50 voucher, that would definitely be more attractive :lol:

The one Rachiem got from Canopy was from quite a while ago. When I went in to get my ledbury (beginning of feb) they didnt have any left then.

Oh well, that's that plan down the drain :lol: I think it was just an impulse anyway - probably just because of the chance to get a reduced Mulberry from a shop, rather than over the phone or t'internet :rolleyes: