job interview shoes

do they have to be black and boring?
i have an interview for an assistant language teacher job abroad and it's my first interview ever, and i'm completely lost. i know not to wander in wearing peeptoes or 5 inch heels or anything, but i've heard people say that only black is suitable for an interview when i was hoping for something a bit less boring. nothing too out there, but maybe something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHRISTIAN-LOU...ryZ63889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

will i be frowned upon for not being in boring black?

Depends on what outfit/suit you are wearing. I think those would go well with a light-colored pant suit outfit, or a nice blouse, khaki/beige pants outfit. If you're wearing black pants, I'd still go with black shoes.

Depends on what outfit/suit you are wearing. I think those would go well with a light-colored pant suit outfit, or a nice blouse, khaki/beige pants outfit. If you're wearing black pants, I'd still go with black shoes.

yeah that's what i was thinking... i have lighter coloured clothes but everywhere i've looked on the internet has said black shoes and i was thinking they would look too harsh with my outfit.

i saw a similar pair, just with a slightly lower heel in the sale at harvey nics, i'm going to go back tomorrow and see if they're available in my size. :smile:

i think as long as its a neutral color with a closed toe and heel then its ok. U know wut CL's come to mind when i think 'business' or 'interview' shoes?......LADY GRANTS!!!

I don't think you have to wear black shoes, but I would definitely stay neutral (black, brown, nude). and I agree with kaeleigh- I would stay with closed toe and heel.

and just my opinion, but black CL's are never boring if you have that glossy red sole :P

I'd have to think about wearing any CLs to an interview. They may make a statement that you wouldn't want to be making. Unless of course, you are applying for a job where CLs and other high-end shoes are the norm. I'd go for something a little more understated and not recognizable.