Job hunting woes.

What helped me was to do a spreadsheet of all applications (I used the excel mail merge file I made) and keep track of rejections, interviews, etc. It helped me, because if I got the sense that most of my applications wouldn't work out, I immediately sent out many, many more. Good luck!

Cristina!!! I remember you had been debating whether or not to leave your job for quite a while... so you finally bit the bullet? Are you looking to stay in the same field?

Don't give up! I know how you feel. I have also sent int 13098230985 resumes but I've also been in 2305982308 interviews. I've gotten offers from those less desirable but nothing that screams "OPPORTUNITY" at me. It's been at this slump for at least 3 months for me. But don't worry, there is something out there for you! Just be patient and keep applying! :smile:

Cristina!!! I remember you had been debating whether or not to leave your job for quite a while... so you finally bit the bullet? Are you looking to stay in the same field?

Hi! :nuts::heart:

Well, I'm always on the lookout and keeping my eyes open. If it doesn't happen immediately, I won't be completely distraught over it. I do have to say that my job has its perks of flexibility, independence and good benefits. The pay is good, but here in South Florida sometimes it seems that it doesn't translate to much :rolleyes: Especially since we're looking to purchase a home in the next couple of years. Also, there isn't much room for advancement at my job. I feel as if I am ready to take on another challenge and kick major corporate butt ;) At this point, I can see myself moving up and advancing in my career.

I'm definitely looking to stay in the same field - Media/PR and/or marketing, community relations and the like. I am trying to find jobs within the county and local municipalities or organizations (police department, sheriff's office, school districts, universities, etc.) because I do like the perks. These jobs pay more than the state does. But I'm also applying to private industry if I find something that looks like a good fit.

I'm going to be right there with you. After a number of interviews the last time, I took a job for which I was overqualified pretty much as soon as I went to college. The only reason I did is because the job search dragged out over 1 year! I've bit the bullet and resigned from that position, on faith that I'm going to find something more suitable for my qualifications. It terrifies me!

You're not alone, Cristina. A book that helped me is "Get Hired Now", a plan to help you find a job in 28 days. I don't know about the 28 days, but it is a useful book for me. After 5.5 years in the same place and my education almost finished, it's time to go, but it's so scary after having been somewhere for so long! I would actually have a professional go over your resume, even if you have to pay. I did that and the interviews have been coming in.

Good luck!