Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choos for Pre-Sale at Bergdorf's

I would agree that the black is a classic. If you're looking at investing in a black bag, the Mahala would be great. Considering it on sale at 30%- that's even better! I'm not sure if the black Mahala will be on sale at the boutiques though.

randr -- sounds like you got a great deal at BG!!!! If I were you I would keep the BG black but maybe bid on eBay as well -- I assume you can always return the black to BG. The red Mahala is stunning!!! I'm not a red lover, but I saw the red recently IRL and fell in love. I won't be bidding though because I already have a Mahala (but not red) and decided to get a black Rana on sale which will be my Choo purchase for some time.

The black Mahala w/ gold hardware that jcmadon posted looks fantastic too at a fairly reasonable price!

What is the name of that brown bag that is hanging in the third photo? I've never seen that one (and I'm assuming it's not on sale!?)

Name? Price? Thanks!

Is it brown or is it red? I have seen this style in red and black. It is called the marina messenger bag. Retail is $1395. Saks has it on sale 40% off for $976.50. I have seen the red on sale too.

Here is a link to the bag at Saks and a better pic:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...1408474399545537&bmUID=1211943904271&ev19=3:2

ok, i have a dilemma. i just picked up the black mahala, but instead of the 40% off mentioned by the sa, it was only 30%. should i still keep it or wait for it to perhaps go on sale at another dept store or boutique? also, i saw some lovely mahalas (red and purple) on ebay that have been authenticated by fellower tpfers.

another consideration is that jc prices may be going up? any advice?
randr I have the same dilema as you. I stopped by Bergdorf's today to see what they had and they had a few Mahalas so I picked one up despite the fact it was only 30% off. I'm wondering if I should keep it since it was suppose to be 40% off but then I keep thinking that black is such a classic and a keeper. It's hard to choose. One thing is that I doubt it'll make it to the 2nd cut.

Is it brown or is it red? I have seen this style in red and black. It is called the marina messenger bag. Retail is $1395. Saks has it on sale 40% off for $976.50. I have seen the red on sale too.

Here is a link to the bag at Saks and a better pic:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...1408474399545537&bmUID=1211943904271&ev19=3:2

Wow! Thanks for the info! I like it better in the OP's photo! I saw this one on the Saks website and it didn't grab me! Isn't that funny?! :yahoo:

randr I have the same dilema as you. I stopped by Bergdorf's today to see what they had and they had a few Mahalas so I picked one up despite the fact it was only 30% off. I'm wondering if I should keep it since it was suppose to be 40% off but then I keep thinking that black is such a classic and a keeper. It's hard to choose. One thing is that I doubt it'll make it to the 2nd cut.

i'm so glad halunfishie, that you were able to get a black one, (a brand new one, not the display one, i hope). so it's confirmed huh? only 30% off, not 40%? i was going to contest it with the sa since she's the one who told me 40, but when i went to pick it up, my sa was out to lunch so someone else just handed me the bag.

are you keeping? ugh...so expensive. was debating whether to wait for one on ebay, or else get the purple one on ebay right now.

i'm so glad halunfishie, that you were able to get a black one, (a brand new one, not the display one, i hope). so it's confirmed huh? only 30% off, not 40%? i was going to contest it with the sa since she's the one who told me 40, but when i went to pick it up, my sa was out to lunch so someone else just handed me the bag.

are you keeping? ugh...so expensive. was debating whether to wait for one on ebay, or else get the purple one on ebay right now.

randr21, are you keeping yours? I'm still undecided. As you said, it is still quite expensive. I'd go with the BG one rather then ebay though. Has anyone seen the Mahala for less recently?

randr21, are you keeping yours? I'm still undecided. As you said, it is still quite expensive. I'd go with the BG one rather then ebay though. Has anyone seen the Mahala for less recently?

i'm 95% sure that i'm keeping mine halunfishie. i think it's once in a blue moon that you'll find a black mahala on sale, and either rarer that you will be able to grab one before someone else. the ebay thing is an option, but why risk the frustration if the deal turns out badly. besides, it's also rare to find a real one on ebay.

btw, i went back to bg last wk and there weren't any blk mahalas left.

i'm 95% sure that i'm keeping mine halunfishie. i think it's once in a blue moon that you'll find a black mahala on sale, and either rarer that you will be able to grab one before someone else. the ebay thing is an option, but why risk the frustration if the deal turns out badly. besides, it's also rare to find a real one on ebay.

btw, i went back to bg last wk and there weren't any blk mahalas left.
I'm with you randr21, it is hard to find black Choos on sale and we know that black Choos are almost instant classics so 30% off is wonderful but I still think about how expensive it is. Especially since I have another Mahala already. Seems kind of silly to have 2 bags in the same style. But then I can use the black forever. You can tell I'm trying to convince myself to keep it :P

No more? I didn't expect them to be there so there goes the hope for an additional mark down.:tdown:

I'm with you randr21, it is hard to find black Choos on sale and we know that black Choos are almost instant classics so 30% off is wonderful but I still think about how expensive it is. Especially since I have another Mahala already. Seems kind of silly to have 2 bags in the same style. But then I can use the black forever. You can tell I'm trying to convince myself to keep it :P

No more? I didn't expect them to be there so there goes the hope for an additional mark down.:tdown:

um, i'm a horrible person to comment about having more than 1 style of a bag, as in my closet, i have the bone liquid patent mahala still new, from saks' winter sale last year. i also just got 2 ysl embossed croc rive gauches, 1 in white and 1 in black. i also have 2 celine bittersweets, 1 in gunmetal and 1 in havana brown. :sweatdrop: did i mention i just bought 2 pairs of the same shoes, same color even? the new 1 is a backup since i wore the original all winter and loved it so much.

so as u can see, when i like something, i really like something. another reason to keep is that honestly, i dont see many ppl in nyc with mahalas, so i'm kind of keen on keeping it since it's not that obvious of a bag.

we can always ebay it if it's in real good condition, and it'll probably get a decent price. as we both know, a real blk mahala is difficult to come by!