Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Ramona Bag

I am pouting! All this talk about Jimmy Choo is driving me nuts! I am supposed to be avoiding another handbag purchase right now, and the more I see and/or read about the Jimmy Choo Rasia- I REALLY REALLY WANT ONE! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

angstofgumby said:
Daisy, the Ricki was never made in blue. I wish it was, because that was the color I really wanted. I just called Houston hoping that my SA at NYC Madison, and the SA that I spoke with at NYC Fifth Avenue to verify were incorrect, but Houston just reiterated what the NYC SAs had previously told me: Ricki was never done in blue.

Ohhh, okay. I knew they had either blue that looked black or vice-versa. I had it backwards then. Sorry to get your hopes up!

Greenie said:
That's a choco rasia, NOT a Ramona you have there ARt.

The rasia is smaller than the Ramona and has a single strap. I have one in lime green and it's great! I also have a Ramona in stone.

The ricki bag is smaller than the ramona and has a double strap and double row of grommets.

Thank you so much for pointing that out! I have revised my ebay listing to call it a Rasia. I bought it from a department store website that just called it a Jimmy Choo leather hobo. They look pretty similar. If I don't sell the Rasia soon I will return it.

Daisy said:
Ohhh, okay. I knew they had either blue that looked black or vice-versa. I had it backwards then. Sorry to get your hopes up!

Daisy, I already knew that the Ricki did not come in blue. I went on the hunt for it previously, and figured I would call Houston just in case. I knew the odds were zero, but I just wanted to hear it once more. No need to apologize. But at least now no others members will be getting their hopes up if images of the blue Ricki started floating in their head.

I stole this from the other thread: These are sofibella's pics of the Ramona and the Rosso for reference. They are beautiful!!!!

icon1.gif
Re: JIMMY CHOO Ramona...LOVE This Bag!
Here are my two JC's. This is the Rosso in stone:
rosso.jpg

Here is my Ramona in chocolate brown:
Ramona.jpg

I think the Rosso is more business-like than the Ricki. The top of the Ricki is open, and the buckle closure folds over it. The Rosso has an additional larger piece of leather that folds over the top of the bag, in addition to the buckle closure. The sides of the Rosso run on a vertical line, while the sides of the Ricki are more at a slight diagonal.

The Ricki is exactly like the Ramona, only smaller. I personally prefer the Ricki. I think it is less stuffy than the Rosso.

It sounds amazing! I just can't find a pic of it??? Any suggestions? And do you know if anyone has it in Brown?

Also, Angst, which do you like better- the Rasia or the Ricki???

jag, I prefer the Ricki to the Rasia. I honestly expected to like the Rasia more because like I mentioned earlier, I'm not a big fan of grommets or shiny hardware. For me, there seemed to be something missing with the Rasia. Maybe it was the color of the bag that was throwing me off. I saw it in the greenish color and I did not like it at all. It wasn't even a maybe for me. The pictures of it in chocolate look amazing though.

If you like the Ricki, you might want to jump on it now. According to my SA at Choo, JC is not planning on including the Ricki in its Fall line. I can't even find Ricki on their website. Meanwhile, they show the Rasia on the website, yet none of the Choo boutiques carry the Rasia; it's only available at the major department stores. The NYC Saks claims to never have carried the Ricki, so I don't know what its availability is like. I would try calling the Choo boutiques if you are really interested in the Ricki.

I have the Ricki in brown. I can post of photo of it when I get home later this evening if you would like.

Has anyone seen the Rasia available for retail sale in blue?

When I got my Ramona, JC Atlanta also had the Ricki in stock. I preferred the Ramona because it looked better on my height 5'9".
I have been carrying the Rosso more. I don't know if it is the stone color or what, but I love it! The leather is so soft and I tuck the flap and clasp inside the bag so that it easy to get into. The Rosso and Ramona are great bags though. I highly recommend them!!

jag said:
Have not seen the Rasia in blue- but will ask around when I call Choo!

Please post pics of your Ricki! I would really appreciate it!

I will definitely post pics tonight for you, jag.

I was told that Choo does not carry the Rasia in their boutiques. I do have a Choo SA on the hunt for one though. Hopefully I'll be able to find out who carries the Rasia in blue (according to the Choo website it is made in this color). Saks unfortunately told me that they never ordered the blue in the Rasia.

THank you so much Sofibella (BTW-hope you don't mind that I stole your pics and posted them here for reference) and angst! I can't wait to see the pics! And all of your insight is very helpful!