Jimmy Choo leather soles broke my heart :(

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies,

I dont know if you agree but there are so many times I wanted to buy Choo shoes but didnt because of the leather sole and bought Louboutin instead because at least I can repaint the red sole and the soles dont get ruined under the rain.
    Do you think it'd better much better if Choo changes their soles to something more durable like Louboutin's? I myself dont own any Choo shoes but my mom does. Looking at her soles after just 1 wear gives me a heartache.
    What do you ladies think? How do you normally deal with the soles?

Also heres an article talking about these leather soles which I find interesting http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2025689/These-Choos-NOT-walking-The-425-designer-shoes-look-old-tatty-day-s-wear.html

2. That article was written by someone who trashes shoes and then writes about it. I have lots of Choos and I do agree the soles get worn but they are shoes. You can easily have vibram soles put on like lots of CL ladies do to protect the soles. I also have CL's and do not put anything on the soles prior to wear and they look no better than my Choos.

3. #3 Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    This article has already been discussed in the shoe forum: Choos not made for walking-article

JCs are not the only shoes with pale leather soles. Chanel, Lanvin, Dior, Manolo Blahnik... etc. all use pale leather soles on their shoes.

Besides: They're shoes. For walking. On the ground.

There are plenty of people who prefer to keep their shoes looking as pristine as possible... so they wear sensible walking shoes outdoors... and slip into their favorite designer shoes indoors. There's nothing wrong with that.

Otherwise, the only way to keep your shoes - JCs or otherwise - perfect - is to not wear them. Nevertheless, some people do that, too.

In the end, I buy shoes that I enjoy, regardless of the color of the sole. :smile:

FashionForwardChick likes this.
  4. I wear my choose everywhere, especially my boots! Like jmcadon said, I use clear vibram soles on the bottom (I use the red ones for my CL's) and it makes a huge difference. I can take a picture of the bottom of my boots and post them later. They hardly look worn and we've had a horrific winter!

5. Here's a picture of the bottom of my Jimmy Choo boots with the vibram soles protecting the tan leather. I've worn these shoes in the NYC winter sidewalks, through salt, dirt, rocks etc.

Obviously, the soles still look used/dirty but they aren't worn to the point of destruction like the article suggests.

Attached Files:

6. This makes no sense...
    Choos and Louboutins both have leather soles?

There isnt too much different in the wear of lacquered and un-lacquered soles.
    Some brands lacquer the leather sole and some dont. They will all still wear away with wear (seems obvious doesnt it?). When the red paint disappears from the bottoms of Louboutins, it still wearing away and isnt all that much different to unlacquered soles. Painting them red again does not magically make the sole original. It is still worn.

All leather soles will absorb water from wearing in the wear, even if you have topy-soled them. If they are wet, and you are hard on your shoes, they will wear away faster.

And having a topy-sole applied is not the same as resoling the whole shoe.

Shoes are shoes. Just because they are designer, doesnt mean they are indestructable. Some people seem to have unrealistic expectations of designer items just because they cost a bomb.
    They cost more because:
    1. Brand
    2. Made with better materials
    3. Made better (even designer shoes manufacturing quality is slipping, however, they are still streets ahead of "high street" shoes)
    4. Better/original designs

7. I know I'm a little late on this topic, but for real? What a ridiculous comment. Shoes are meant to be worn and thus, the soles get worn. Buy a cheaper pair of shoes if you are worried about wear. Frankly, I don't have any problems with wear on any of my choos and my black bottom ysl's don't wear any better or worse. Silly!

8. Thank you!

9. I did not read the article you referenced. But, I have way too many designer leather soled shoes, including Loubies and Choo. Long ago I found that all of them wear quickly, regardless of brand, and probably more for me because I am not thin. Every single pair gets vibram soles, right from the beginning. The brand my cobbler uses is Cats Paw, they run about $20 a pair

10. Get wedges! Then no one else but you will see the soles, and Jimmy Choo makes some great wedges. I have a pair of summer sandals and a pair of winter leather boots, they definitely wear as well in terms of wear in tear no differently than Louboutins.

However, if it really bothers you, Nicholas Kirkwood, Prada and Miu Miu sole their shoes with a shinier (less suede feeling) sole than Choo/Manolo/Rossi/Sanderson/Atwood, so it will keep looking newer longer.

11. I always add plastic outsoles if it's a leather sole pair