Jill Zarin's Spanx competition

^ She's right when she said, "I'm obsessed with looking my best, and I wear Spanx, but there's no competition out there."

There are some spanx-like garments but they aren't as good... I've always wondered why there never was any competition with Spanx.

I have bought other brands out there and IMO, none of them work as well as Spanx, and, I am not just sold on the name or where they sell, I don't even shop at Nordies or neiman's! As for what women wore before Spanx. my mother used to wear a girdle which looked like a torture device compared to spanx, is that what you mean? lol

Last edited:
I agree. People are sold on the SPANX name and the locations (Nordies, Neimans,etc) it's sold at, so they think it's better.

What do you guys think women were using BEFORE SPANX came along.

Lol, they wore a girdle! And still do. I remember Oprah asking Jennifer Gardner how she always looked so fantastic at red carpet events. JG answered 'Uh ... it's called a girdle.' It was hilarious!
And I just realized that Skweeze will probably do really well because of all of Jill's stans. Guess we have a new drinking game ... do a shot everytime Jill mentions Skweeze.

Ladies, I'm not talking about girdles ( know of those and they work pretty well) I'm talking spanx like devices that existed BEFORE the brand SPANX.

^^ Like? I would love to find something that was as good as Spanx but not as pricey and I have tried!!

Haynes had a really good line before Spanx.

When I do buy Spanx I only get them at N. Rack. I agree, they are pricey. I would for get and leave it on the bed or drop it on the floor, and my dog would 'nest' in my clothing. and I would find them shredded. NOT good, but my fault.

Ladies, I'm not talking about girdles ( know of those and they work pretty well) I'm talking spanx like devices that existed BEFORE the brand SPANX.

agreed! i mean, there is wacoal (i love hope on a hanger). bali, miracle suit, and even donna karen (not sure if DKNY or donna karen came first)..

i even bought regular no name brands years ago from discount retailers. i would just look for an item in mind, then pick the right size depending on how much compression to get.

I agree. People are sold on the SPANX name and the locations (Nordies, Neimans,etc) it's sold at, so they think it's better.

What do you guys think women were using BEFORE SPANX came along.

agreed! i mean, there is wacoal (i love hope on a hanger). bali, miracle suit, and even donna karen (not sure if DKNY or donna karen came first)..

i even bought regular no name brands years ago from discount retailers. i would just look for an item in mind, then pick the right size depending on how much compression to get.
There were a few - Wacoal was one - it fit tight and was kind of uncomfortable. aDonna Karan made a comfortable garment that never ran, was footless and fit below the knees. I still have the Donna Karan one (not DKNY) that fit like the footless Spanx that went below the knee... which is probably why they discontinued it. You only needed one to last a lifetime. That was years before Spanx and I always thought she copied DK. Spanx wear out and run though.

In any case, Spanx, in my opinion is far more comfortable than the others and isn't overly tight (which causes bulges in areas you didn't have before.)

I'd like to see if Jill can give Spanx a run for their money. :biggrin:

Last edited: