JFA, DHL, and China.

Millicat

I bought from JFA recently, as I have done many times, and know that after the EMS part of the 'journey' they get forwarded to a different carrier once here in the UK - used to be Parcelforce - now they use DHL for carriage onwards and into the UK.
However, just now I tracked it's progress and the status shows as "on hold" in China.
Does anyone have any experience here and know what this means ?
As soon as it's possible, later this morning, I will contact DHL and check that this is NOT the case and it's just a glitch in 'the system'.
The 3 tracking emails from DHL tell me that delivery is for today and "before end of day".
I'm curious to hear of any experiences with China 'holding' items,, i'm not concerned or worried as I've bought many times internationally and know that there are always reasons for these occurrences but just thought i'd ask the question.

Millicat

I bought from JFA recently, as I have done many times, and know that after the EMS part of the 'journey' they get forwarded to a different carrier once here in the UK - used to be Parcelforce - now they use DHL for carriage onwards and into the UK.
However, just now I tracked it's progress and the status shows as "on hold" in China.
Does anyone have any experience here and know what this means ?
As soon as it's possible, later this morning, I will contact DHL and check that this is NOT the case and it's just a glitch in 'the system'.
The 3 tracking emails from DHL tell me that delivery is for today and "before end of day".
I'm curious to hear of any experiences with China 'holding' items,, i'm not concerned or worried as I've bought many times internationally and know that there are always reasons for these occurrences but just thought i'd ask the question.
Update:
Spoke with DHL and got 2 excuses, 1 being that as the DHL parcels were being prepared for the onward flight to the UK, from China, there was an excess number and some were left to the next flight out (tonight now), another was that my parcel was one that was opened by customs there - that one doesn't please me at all :annoyed:

sailina pamier

Feb 3, 2017
Update:
Spoke with DHL and got 2 excuses, 1 being that as the DHL parcels were being prepared for the onward flight to the UK, from China, there was an excess number and some were left to the next flight out (tonight now), another was that my parcel was one that was opened by customs there - that one doesn't please me at all :annoyed:
did you get your package ?