Jewelry or Hermes

I always die for Hermes bags! Well...I feel like I cheated on Hermes bags then... I chose a Tiffany diamond ring over diamond Birkin for my 6th-year-anniversary & graduation gift from my DH. It was over $100,000 pretax (it's about the same price as a diamond Birkin 30cm...). I absolutely LOVE my ring!

But sometime, I am thinking...I could have a diamond Birkin already instead...?:shrugs:

aspen...you made a terrific decision! Your ring must be totally gorgeous!:yahoo:

^^ I agree.. if i'm choosing between Jewelry and diamond birkin i would definitely choose jewelry!!!.. i love crocodile.. but i would never get the diamond birkin even though i can afford it.. i just think its a true waste of money.. those Euro 100,000 can easily get me a gorgeous Cartier diamond set!

As I get older I wear less jewelry, and there is very little jewelry out there that I fancy.....I've got all the basics: pearls, a gorgeous Bulgari bracelet which I wear a lot, tennis bracelet, Van Cleef Alhambra bracelet, several rings and earings; but as I said, I really only wear the same few things, and all the rest is in my safe box at my bank...I can't even remember what's there! The only recent pieces of jewelry I bought, are 2 "Nudo" rings by Pomellato, which I adore and have wanted for years.....So I definately prefer buying Hermès at this stage than jewels. Also I'm lucky in a way, 'cause my DH is a watch collector, and I also love watches, so he comes home with a watch for me from time to time....For Xmas I got a Patek Philippe!:love:

DUNA Are you loving your Patek? They are such works of art!! Congrats on that! :yahoo:

aspen, though the diamond Birkin is really something, but the weight in diamond (tcw) is not worth the premium you pay on a croc Birkin. Sorry, just being calulative here. ;)

What about getting a regular croc birkin and then customizing it with after market diamonds? Has that been deliberated in this forum already? What are everyone's thoughts?

All this is so fun...when it really comes down to it, I kind of alternate. Hermes on this occasion, jewelery on that occasion...kind of covers all the bases:whistle: On our anniversary, DH said to select an Hermes, and I bought a ring instead....for Christmas, DH said to get a bag, and I selected a bracelet.

We have to keep these men on their toes:P

What about getting a regular croc birkin and then customizing it with after market diamonds? Has that been deliberated in this forum already? What are everyone's thoughts?

Last time we discussed this, it evolved into a conversation about Grillz. I always have customers asking me to "bling out" the most random things. One guy walked in, took out his tooth and dropped it infront of me.

aspen, though the diamond Birkin is really something, but the weight in diamond (tcw) is not worth the premium you pay on a croc Birkin. Sorry, just being calulative here. ;)
I thought about that, too! Oh, yeh...!my DH really doesn't think having those tiny diamonds on the closures, plates, locks and poles do not worth over $100,000. I know I can get a nice set (or a ring) at Cartier or Tiffany for that kind of money. That's why I chose a ring over a bag...!:rolleyes: But...heehee..(there is always 'but') I want both!!!!!:P (then my DH might say 'No, you don't..:graucho: ')

I have exceeded my limit on Jewlery!!! That was before Hermes, if I knew before starting my Hermes collection I would have the biggest H collectionn in the world, in other words, Hermes before Jewlery!

Last time we discussed this, it evolved into a conversation about Grillz. I always have customers asking me to "bling out" the most random things. One guy walked in, took out his tooth and dropped it infront of me.

Man walks in "Please bling out my toof --I mean tooth..." he he he
hopefully you haven't gotten any condom cases:Push: to bling out or tampax holders:Push: yeech.

I'm not much of a jewelry person, either. I do have some because my mom loves buying it for me and my sisters, but I just don't wear it because, 5 days a week, I work with babies and little kids:smile:

I always die for Hermes bags! Well...I feel like I cheated on Hermes bags then... I chose a Tiffany diamond ring over diamond Birkin for my 6th-year-anniversary & graduation gift from my DH. It was over $100,000 pretax (it's about the same price as a diamond Birkin 30cm...). I absolutely LOVE my ring!

But sometime, I am thinking...I could have a diamond Birkin already instead...?:shrugs:

PIIIIIIICCCCCSSS! Please! You could always hold a Birkin in your hand but make sure that ring shows! :graucho: :graucho: :graucho: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

PIIIIIIICCCCCSSS! Please! You could always hold a Birkin in your hand but make sure that ring shows!

Okay...Heeheehee ..I can post pictures of my engagement ring and wedding band. I am really crazily in LOVE with Tiffany pear shape solitaire diamond rings...Both my engagement ring and anniversary ring are pear shape solitaire diamond rings from Tiffany...I just can't resist pear shape diamonds. I know it sounds crazy...But, I am also planing to get another pear shape ring in the future.....My DREAM TIFFANY RING..... My dream ring is 7.5 carat pear shape solitaire ring from Tiffany!!!:drool: :heart: It looked amazingly beautiful!!!!!!!!! It was SOOO heart breaking to leave Tiffany without that my dream ring ...(Maybe for 10th anniversary...:graucho: )

The Tiffany pear shape diamond solitare ring I got for our anniversay is safely sleeping in a safety at our bank right now:P. Don't get me wrong...I do NOT just let it sit at the bank. I DO wear it for a special occasions~!:yes: Anniverary ring is bigger than my engagement ring, but not hugely bigger. It's visibly bigger than the ring in the pictures that makes me more than happy~~~.

Anyway, I have my engagement ring pictures that I posted in Jewelry box forum section. As I mentioned, my new beautiful anniversary ring baby is in safety at our bank. So, I don't have pictures of it now.
This is my engagement ring with wedding band. I love wearing and adore it everyday~.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I turned the ring a little bit to the side to catch more fire of the diamond..
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00013.JPG
    DSC00013.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 61