Jewelry cleaning maching recommendations?

balihai88

O.G.
Jul 31, 2006
Can you recommend a good jewelry cleaner? I try to keep my engagement ring and wedding ring clean by soaking periodically in water with a little dishwashing liquid, and I also get them cleaned professionally by my jeweler every so often, but I'm thinking one of those jewelry cleaning machines might do a better job.

I've seen cheap ones and expensive ones and I don't know what the difference is...?

I'm sure there are threads on this already, I tried to go back a few pages but without the search function it got a bit tedious. Apologies for the duplication.

Thanks!

i was wondering the same thing....but i have a yellow sapphire and pave on the whole band.....so i wonder if they make steam cleaning machines?

I got one of those steam cleaning machines (called 'Jewel Jet') a few weeks ago, and what a waste of money!! It's a hassle to use, doesn't really clean my jewelry all that well, and the steam will damage things in the area after repeated uses I'm sure. They have one in a jewelry store I frequent, so I asked them about it (after I bought mine), they said it doesn't work that well and they usually use an ultrasonic cleaner. My ultrasonic cleaner died a couple of months ago, which is why I decided to try the steam cleaner, and I ended up ordering a new one from Hammacher and Schlemmer. It's fantastic! That's what I'd recommend, although I've had the Brookstone one in the past and it's good too.

I have had the Connoisseurs la Sonic III for years and use the Hagerty sonic jewel clean and it works great!. Google the name to find where to buy and best deals.

I have a Gem Oro and a Crest professional ultrasonic and a jewel-jet steamer but honestly I use SparkleSparkle cleaner the most. I order from NVenta.com

I got one of those steam cleaning machines (called 'Jewel Jet') a few weeks ago, and what a waste of money!! It's a hassle to use, doesn't really clean my jewelry all that well, and the steam will damage things in the area after repeated uses I'm sure. They have one in a jewelry store I frequent, so I asked them about it (after I bought mine), they said it doesn't work that well and they usually use an ultrasonic cleaner. My ultrasonic cleaner died a couple of months ago, which is why I decided to try the steam cleaner, and I ended up ordering a new one from Hammacher and Schlemmer. It's fantastic! That's what I'd recommend, although I've had the Brookstone one in the past and it's good too.

thanks! i called my jeweler to see if they have any cleaner machines and I am waiting to hear back from them...

i have a cheap ultrasonic machine from walmart, it has solution for gold and silver. it works well, it just shakes the jewelry around for a while in a plastic basket...so i don't think there is any danger of scratching the metal..unless you put numerous pieces in together.

Jewel Jet is exactly the same steaming mechanism that your jeweler uses, just not as hot or as powerful. Perfect for home use. I love mine and it doesn't rust out like that other brand. And yes, it is some work, but it's totally worth it! But only for precious gem cleaning. Doesn't remove tarnish. Doesn't work on soft or semi-precious stones.

I think the secret to the dunk cleaner styles are the mix of cleaner and how you dry. I would suggest using as little cleaning additive in the water as possible, and then dry with your blow-dryer on a towel. Water spots and soap film make your jewels instantly dull after you go to all the trouble to clean them. Blowdrying blows off the water!!