Jewelry brands at QVC/HSN vs Nordstrom?

jjjlove

O.G.
Oct 26, 2010
Quick question about QVC--I don't know a lot about the site and just saw that they carry a lot of designers (such as Judith Ripka, Dweck, etc.) sold at Nordstrom/Bloomingdales, but the prices are a lot lower--is the stuff sold at QVC a lower end line from these designers or are they the same as the ones sold at Nordstrom but discounted?
If they are different lines, is there a difference in quality and how would you be able to tell if it was a QVC item or a Nordstrom/high-end department store item, such as a "QVC" mark? (I was shopping for Judith Ripka on eBay and realized there were some sellers who would describe the item as $300 earrings from Nordstrom, but the earrings are on QVC for $76)

TIA!

The stuff sold on QVC is the designer's "lower" line, sorta like a diffusion fashion line. I'm not sure if the quality is less but they usual smaller stones, cheaper materials, etc.

If you look at the type of stuff that Nordy's or another department store sells vs. the QVC stuff, you'll see a difference. It's like the stones are smaller, less use of gold, etc.

^ No, not always. If it doesn't explicitly say _____ by______ then it's not a diffusion line. QVC is just like any other wholesale distributor...they just buy in bulk so that they can offer it at a lower price.

My mom has been buying jewelry from QVC for years and she also buys expensive jewelry from Kay's, Jared's, Norstrom's ect. QVC jewelry is really nice and unique, really good quality too. Also check out Shop NBC, they sell nice jewelry there too (lots of diamonds!) but I don't think it's name brand.

The items on QVC and HSN are hit or miss much like what you find at Nordstrom, Saks, etc.

The price points are at times much less but quality issues with Ripka items as of late have kept me from purchasing as much as I used to.

I'm mostly very happy with the items I purchase on QVC but sometimes you do get a few dogs along the way.

On QVC instead of diamonds she uses simulated diamonique and her pieces are normally quite beautiful and substantial in presence.

Lately, QVC has been doing something out of the ordinary and that is marking down prices and not by only a few dollars like they once used to. Now, only if they could get on the free shipping train then I'd be a very happy girl.

I shop on QVC & HSN all the time. I buy alot of gifts from those two places. The quality is just as good as an item in an expensive department store. They do buy in wholesale, so that they can offer it to the public at lower prices. Also some things offered on HSN & QVC cannot even be found in stores. Some designeres make items just for HSN & QVC.

The only thing I don't like is their shipping policy. Shipping can add up quick. If you buy items on a Day with Free Shipping, or items with Free Shipping; then you can really get some amazing deals.

Hope this helps.

JR makes pieces exclusivly for QVC, the older pieces quality is much better than the new stuff - jmho. I have some necklaces and bracelets that have really held up well over the years.

I buy from QVC occasionally. I have purchased earrings and am very happy with them. I've even purchased Jessica Simpson boots that I get a lot of compliments from and Bobbi Brown palettes --- exact ones that I saw at my Nordstroms.

In addition to the Diamonique instead of genuine diamonds difference that chinableu mentioned, the two-toned pieces in the Judith Ripka QVC line are silver with gold plating over the silver for the gold part. Judith Ripka's regular line has two-toned pieces that are made of solid gold and silver.

Quick question about QVC--I don't know a lot about the site and just saw that they carry a lot of designers (such as Judith Ripka, Dweck, etc.) sold at Nordstrom/Bloomingdales, but the prices are a lot lower--is the stuff sold at QVC a lower end line from these designers or are they the same as the ones sold at Nordstrom but discounted?
If they are different lines, is there a difference in quality and how would you be able to tell if it was a QVC item or a Nordstrom/high-end department store item, such as a "QVC" mark? (I was shopping for Judith Ripka on eBay and realized there were some sellers who would describe the item as $300 earrings from Nordstrom, but the earrings are on QVC for $76)

TIA!

My brother in law works for a very famous italian designer and he says to me that the mark up of stuff is crazy! Sometimes 1000 percent! They have to try to control the mark-ups from becoming that crazy. So they have to talk to the retailier. I think Nordstrom Rack is great. I thinkmany time you can find the same earring on Ebay that are new cheaper because the end of season sale. But on Ebay sellers may jack up shipping to make a profit. So be cautious . I like bargains I go to high end consignments I only purchase stuff with new tags, I do have an amazing purse from QVC it is suede and the compliment keep coming. I bought a new Brahmin purse on Ebay new for 40.00! To me HSN has the lowest quality jewelry I've ever seen, gumball maching quality and the purse seem low quality to me . I did buy a fantastic coat for 31.00 from them.

I love JR's design and I have a pendant which I think is substantial and good quality from QVC but it seems to me lately reading the customer reviews that JR doesn't make good quality jewellry like before. I guess prices of raw material has gone up..