"Jet Set" lifestyle.

I think it would be good for a year or two maybe three but it would get boring IMO. You woudl need a group of good friends to do it with too. There is so much holidaying lifestyle you can take before your life seems pointless IMHO. But i would like to test out my theory lol.

I did it for awhile - a year or two - and it got quite tiring - so much so that I almost loath flying now and would rather stay home. However, I was a budget jet-setter traveling on commercial flights.

If someone was traveling in private jets to private homes they owned, or to exclusive events, all over the world they may not get tired of it - although I suspect they still might after awhile. As people get older they, generally, want and need to put down roots somewhere.

Also, I don't agree that one needs a group of good friends to do it with, as I did it alone without a problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_set

I yearn for that lifestyle since I've never had it. My sis and SIL jet set around -- it's amazing all the places they've been to, they go off to "vacations of a lifetime" 2 to 3 times a year.

Yes, I do know people like that. I know a girl who's been dating a guy for over a year. All of their dates are in different international cities. I know people who are constantly traveling the globe, but they're not the traditional jetsetter in the sense that all they do is party. They party a lot but they travel based on work AND a social schedule.

I definitely want to travel a lot (more). I don't want to fly around the world just to go to parties (even though I have been known to fly off for a weekend somewhere to get away or go to an event), but I am hoping to bridge my studies/development work with travel. So maybe more jetset-lite is how I want to live.

I worked with a woman like this. She was only about eight or nine years older than me, but she looked at me like I was crazy when I told her how little I'd travelled. She went places all the time (even calling in "sick" to work to do so on occasion, although for some reason she always seemed to have TONS of vacation time) although her travels were mainly in Europe. She was always, "Oh, it's nothing to it! You have to travel! You have to go places! There's more to life than what you see here!" She did most of her traveling alone, but she would sometimes travel with a group of girlfriends and I think she had some rather wealthy buddies. And she would invariably brag about the people she hung out with and the elbows she rubbed. She invited me along casually (i.e. half-heartedly) once, but...as the holidays were coming up I couldn't do it. Besides she was unattached, so it was okay for her to just go off on a whim seven or eight times a year. To me it seemed a bit excessive, as it interfered with her job duties, but I could have just been player hating. After she got fired I don't think she cared...more time to party in Paris, I guess. LOL. The weird thing is that she made me vow to do more traveling. Imagine that.

Dh and I did that for about 2 years. This was before we were married and sans kids, sometimes staying in places for a couple of months, getting on the plane and flying somewhere new, going to foreign countries. Loved it and I would not give up the experience at all. Now that we have kids, home, pets, we just can't take off anymore. We feel the kids need stability. It's okay though because it does get tiring and we still travel several times a year.

I was a flight attendant for 7 years and and got burnt out. Just like what trolley dolly has mentioned, it is stressful!!! Loved the perks of the job and travelling around the world but it came to a point where I felt "Been there, done that." Now, I cant even get myself to hop on a plane.....even if its just a one hour flight :nuts:LOL And the slightest turbulence freaks me out, not to mention having to deal with motion sickness. How ironic :girlsigh:

As my Avatar says.. world traveler, but fortunately I have a career that allows me to do it for free, then again some of locales Ive been too, arent exactly what I'd call exotic. Its great now, but it is tiring and one day I will hang up my "hat" and settle into a nice sedate lifestyle.

I LOVE to travel, but unfortunately Ive never been out of the country(USA). Although, Ive been to almost every State in the Country! lol. We usually go on 2 or 3 vacations each year. All of them are road trips, neither of us really like to fly, but I would if it were to go out of the country! haha. My first out of the Country vacation will be to Panama, where my SO's Mom was born and raised. My SO has been there, and he always talks about how beautiful it is, I cant wait to go!

i cant do it... i love having all my stuff in front of me. although i counted and i've left lax at least 10x this year and have also done road trips to vegas/santa barbara so i've been slowing getting "travel" items to help me through these trips.