Jerry Seinfeld unhurt after Hamptons car wreck

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080403/ap_on_en_ot/people_seinfeld;_ylt=AjSX8z91APwLQE9HCO6sMmMDW7oF

Seinfeld unhurt after Hamptons car wreck

Thu Apr 3, 8:51 AM ET

Jerry Seinfeld was in a harrowing rollover wreck but was unhurt after the brakes on one of his vintage cars failed.
    Seinfeld was driving alone when the brakes on his 1967 Fiat BTM stopped working Saturday evening, East Hampton Town Police Chief Todd Sarris told the New York Post. Seinfeld tried the emergency brake, to no avail, and then swerved to keep the car from careening into an intersection, Sarris said.
    The two-door sedan flipped over and came to a stop just yards from the highway, Sarris said, adding that the comic's maneuver "probably avoided a very serious accident."
    The wreck was attributed to mechanical failure, and no summonses were issued, Sarris said. Seinfeld, 53, did not require medical attention and returned to his East Hampton home.
    "He was a little shocked when he walked in and it started to dawn on him what happened," said his wife, Jessica.
    The comedian took the crash in stride.
    "Because I know there are kids out there, I want to make sure they all know that driving without braking is not something I recommend, unless you have professional clown training or a comedy background, as I do," Seinfeld said. "It is not something I plan to make a habit of."
    The sitcom star, who co-wrote, co-produced and starred in last year's animated "Bee Movie," is an auto aficionado. He told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in November that his favorite car in his collection is a 1955 Porsche Spyder.
    (This version CORRECTS careering to careening)

Glad he's safe! After all he has three beautiful children.

2. oh wow!! what a miracle that he was ok.

3. Geez! That was incredibly lucky for him. Thank goodness!

4. Wow! He sure was lucky!!!!

5. Phew! Glad he is ok, love the guy!

6. Lucky for him.....wonder if that old car had seatbelts of some sort?

7. lucky guy:yes:

8. Wow, he was really lucky.

9. wow!! he's one lucky guy!

10. What is he doing now? I know him for the tv show...but it is an old show...

11. ^^Well, I know he wrote, produced and starred in "Bee Movie" which was in theaters last year. :yes:

I'm so glad he's okay!!