Jen's Purse Collection (aka My Pretties)

Actually I appreciate the tips and explanations! Ramble on!
What device are you taking your photos with? I picked up an iPad mini. One thing I would like to learn is how to use it to take good pics of my bags.

I use the camera in my phone. LG G8 ThinQ.

With digital photos it's easy to adjust the Saturation setting to nothing, and have a black and white photo, which can be a nice change.

Some of my bags, I lay flat on a wooden table, or a blanket, or sheet, or oversize silk scarf and take a pic from directly above; but have to position myself so my shadow isn't in the picture - another reason not to have the lighting directly overhead. I'll post an example of that in a few minutes. It will be my Polene bag on a satin maxi skirt for one pic and on an oversized pillow for the other pic.

Some bags photograph better at an angle than straight on, so don't be afraid to try that. Bags with any detailing/hardware on the side generally fall into this category.

I use the camera in my phone. LG G8 ThinQ.

With digital photos it's easy to adjust the Saturation setting to nothing, and have a black and white photo, which can be a nice change.

Some of my bags, I lay flat on a wooden table, or a blanket, or sheet, or oversize silk scarf and take a pic from directly above; but have to position myself so my shadow isn't in the picture - another reason not to have the lighting directly overhead. I'll post an example of that in a few minutes. It will be my Polene bag on a satin maxi skirt for one pic and on an oversized pillow for the other pic.

Some bags photograph better at an angle than straight on, so don't be afraid to try that. Bags with any detailing/hardware on the side generally fall into this category.
Well thank you for the kind , detailed answer. Greatly appreciated.

Reactions: JenJBS
Just found your thread Jen — glad you decided to do this so we can see all your beauties in one place :smile:. And you sure know how to start out with a bang with that wowsa HG :heart:. I just love that gorgeous bag so much and can look at it again and again. You have so many great bags — I am looking forward to seeing more of them here.

Just found your thread Jen — glad you decided to do this so we can see all your beauties in one place :smile:. And you sure know how to start out with a bang with that wowsa HG :heart:. I just love that gorgeous bag so much and can look at it again and again. You have so many great bags — I am looking forward to seeing more of them here.

Thank you, Minda! :flowers: You're always so kind. :hugs: I've learned it's almost impossible to go wrong with my HG bag. :hbeat::hbeat::hbeat: Thanks for being a lovely friend!

@JenJBS So happy you posted the Soiree early into the thread. I think you already know that I adore that bag and often wait for you to post it in the BOTD thread! :lol:
I have been so close to buying it repeatedly...if only it had been a little smaller. I'm still holding out hope MJ releases a smaller version of it.

Loving your collection thus far and have spotted a couple of bags I didn't know you had. It's great that each piece in your collection is a statement in its own right. It feels like you had a clear direction in mind for your collection from the start, which, if so, is a brilliant way to curate a bag wardrobe.
I'm so excited to see what you post next! :nuts:

@JenJBS So happy you posted the Soiree early into the thread. I think you already know that I adore that bag and often wait for you to post it in the BOTD thread! :lol:
I have been so close to buying it repeatedly...if only it had been a little smaller. I'm still holding out hope MJ releases a smaller version of it.

Loving your collection thus far and have spotted a couple of bags I didn't know you had. It's great that each piece in your collection is a statement in its own right. It feels like you had a clear direction in mind for your collection from the start, which, if so, is a brilliant way to curate a bag wardrobe.
I'm so excited to see what you post next! :nuts:

Thank you! :flowers: Have you seen The Soiree in person? It's a small bag. The design is exceptional.
It's wonderful to be able to share my collection with other purse lovers. Thanks for your kind words about my collection. :hugs:

Have you seen The Soiree in person? It's a small bag. The design is exceptional.
Oh yes, I have. I've walked into the store about 20 times to handle it! I really do adore it. I love the design, the colour, the leather (one of the few newer MJ bags to have decent leather)... it's so, so good! :drool:
It's just bigger than I normally carry because I'm very much a tiny bag/WOC person. Plus I don't do well with bucket bag styles, but!!! this dumpling is so pretty! It may be the wide base that is the thing that makes it feel too big. I'm used to slim profile bags.
It's actually still on the MJ site and in the store near me (on sale too), so the temptation is real! :lol:

Back to you! Must say that I love the fact that you use yours casually (when others may reserve it for evening/event use only).
It's a piece of bag art imo, so I'm happy you own one since I know you appreciate all the little details. :biggrin: :flowers:
Thanks for your kind words about my collection. :hugs:
Not at all; I'm merely voicing what we're all thinking! It's such a pleasure to enjoy your showcase. I especially like the fact that you're giving each one a spotlight and photographing them so wonderfully!
Thank you for putting in the effort and letting us all peek in your closet! :happydance:

Last edited:
Oh yes, I have. I've walked into the store about 20 times to handle it! I really do adore it. I love the design, the colour, the leather (one of the few newer MJ bags to have decent leather)... it's so, so good! :drool:
It's just bigger than I normally carry because I'm very much a tiny bag/WOC person. Plus I don't do well with bucket bag styles, but!!! this dumpling is so pretty! It may be the wide base that is the thing that makes it feel too big. I'm used to slim profile bags.
It's actually still on the MJ site and in the store near me (on sale too), so the temptation is real! :lol:

Back to you! Must say that I love the fact that you use yours casually (when others may reserve it for evening/event use only).
It's a piece of bag art imo, so I'm happy you own one since I know you appreciate all the little details. :biggrin: :flowers:

Not at all; I'm merely voicing what we're all thinking! It's such a pleasure to enjoy your showcase. I especially like the fact that you're giving each one a spotlight and photographing them so wonderfully!
Thank you for putting in the effort and letting us all peek in your closet! :happydance:

Yep, The Soiree is extremely tempting. :graucho: I agree it's a work of art. :girlsigh: Wish MJ would make all his bags with this quality leather...

I'm glad you're enjoying my Bag Showcase. :hugs: I'm enjoying doing it.

All of your bags look so scrumptious. Like, so thick and luscious!! Beautiful!

I am also really glad to see a well curated collection that isn’t *entirely* made up of LV, Chanel, and /or Hermès. It’s eye opening and thought provoking. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! :flowers:

Purses have turned me into a leather snob... I adore a high quality leather. :girlsigh: I'm glad that shows in my collection.

It's been fun to share! Thanks for the kind compliment. I'm finally feeling that the curating I did the last couple years has paid off. :biggrin: